Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Period pains  (Read 646 times)

Sheri

Period pains
« on: June 03, 2022, 05:34:37 PM »

Hi all, hope you are feeling well.
I'm 3 days left of the conti patch before i change just to the estrogen part. I'm on everol sequi patches. Up until this morning, I've coped well with the progesterone. But today i feel awful. My period is due naturally today but nothing has happened butbi expect it will come when i finish the progesterone.
My symptoms are chronic fatigue, severe body aches, hip pain, pelvic pain, leg pain & heavy sore boobs & mild flushes.
Is this because its my body getting used to HRT or will it potentially be my new norm everytime my period is due? If it is, its not worth taking HRT for me as my periods  altho heavy were quite painless.
The anxiety & lows hasn't really improved tbh but i know its still too early for that side of things to get better.
I don't want ti change HRT until I've given it 3 months but OMG, the way i feel is yuck & trust me i have a very high pain & ill-health threshold due to managing my other illnesses.
Thank you.

Sheri

Re: Period pains
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 11:51:23 AM »

My period has come, a day before i am due to change my patch from conti to estrogen.
So far, I'm very light but i feel so ill with it. Sick, dizzy, weak & cramps. I never get this usually & wondering if its linked to the HRT.
I'm also getting hot flushes which is def a new one for me.

sheila99

Re: Period pains
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 12:11:19 PM »

Peri is difficult because you have your own spikes and troughs but it does get easier as head towards meno and your own hormones are less active. My anxiety took 3 months months to go so I would give it that length of time before you make a decision. Perhaps keep a diary to see if you have a bad reaction to the progesterone. If you do you could try a different type.