Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ouch! Might have fibroids?  (Read 745 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Ouch! Might have fibroids?
« on: June 02, 2022, 10:48:43 AM »

Hi all,

I recently took ‘one’ days break from 200 mg Utrogestan as was planning on trying it every other night and wham, heavy, painful bleeding ensued. I’ve also been upping my oestrogel also as my level was only 100 and I’m having low oestrogen symptoms. I wondering if this sounds like I’ve aggregated a fibroid issue I didn’t know I had?

My other symptoms match a quick Google as constantly need a wee, back & forth to the loo regularly (at least every 30 mins) more tired and have lower back pain, lower tummy cramping and just feel generally unwell. It feels like a bad painful period that keeps going on. I normally only get a bit of cramping pain when I stop Utro for a bleed (if at all) and it only lasts about 1.5 days at that would be a very bad one. I’m on about day 5 since this bleeding started and the bleeding isn’t letting up and nor is the painful cramping and feverish feeling I’m having.

I decided to go back to conti with the Utro for now as think unopposed oestrogen may make the situation worse? Is this quite common and something to ride out or should I try and see a GP on Monday if it’s still the same?

Thanks all, I’m hoping this pain and bleeding will just stop soon!

Nas

Re: Ouch! Might have fibroids?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 04:59:32 PM »

How are you doing Blue? Feeling any better? How much have you upped your gel by? This could account for the heavy bleeding you are experiencing right now?

Bleeds usually happen when the progesterone isn’t sufficient for the amount of Oestrogen you are on. Or, as you say, fibroids/polyps/ cysts.

Have you ever had a hysteroscopy? This can detect fibroids etc.

Are you peri menopausal?

Any dose increase can trigger a bleed, as can stopping utrogestan ( although one day shouldn’t have made too much of a difference I wouldn’t have thought) .

Ring the GP Monday if you still feel unwell I would. They may prescribe transexamic acid Or norethisterone to slow the bleed.

Xxxx

Blue Kingfisher

Re: Ouch! Might have fibroids?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 06:45:54 PM »

Thanks so much for replying Nas. You could be right, it could just be the increase of oestrogen (1 pump) at the same time as skipping one Utro dose. It’s not just the bleeding, it’s the stomach cramps and continual feeling like a pressure on my bladder & bloating, keep needing a wee! Will see how it goes like you say but hoping even the pressured bladder symptoms could be due to the oestrogel increase. I know it’s not the end of the world fibroids but I feel I’ve got too much on my hands at the moment what with trying to get my thyroid back on track as well as my HRT……never easy is it?!  : ::)