Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good news with Dexa scan  (Read 1441 times)

pepperminty

Re: Good news with Dexa scan
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 12:11:00 PM »

Yes it’s outrageous these dear older ladies aren’t on any hrt. They don’t even give them Vagifem and for many that means continuous uti’s and antibiotics messing up their guts.

It’s a National scandal! x

yes it is, and they are all low B12 , which can make dementia worse- our minimum is 170 ish , but japan it is 600!

pepperminty

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 12:13:56 PM »

Sadly - VA is difficult to treat in the care sector.  If residents are headed towards dementia, it is intrusive for a stranger to try to treat a vagina, which could be classed as abuse.

So low-dose ABs to keep pain under control is essential though I fear that this isn't offered.  As well as pain relief ............

They have to wipe away poo and wee, and put on barrier cream , so a quick swipe of estriol would be ok as long as it is classed as in their Best interests, if they are unable to make their own decisions due to lack of understanding. 

PMXX

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 12:17:39 PM »

I wonder what it'll be like when we get there. The people in care homes now are from the era when hrt was much less safe (if available at all) and treatment finished at 60.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2022, 02:14:34 PM »

I understood from The Government of the Day that all residents in care were to B prescribed VitD tablets year round ...... that was at the start of the lockdown, due to people not being allowed out.

pepperminty

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2022, 05:07:20 PM »

I understood from The Government of the Day that all residents in care were to B prescribed VitD tablets year round ...... that was at the start of the lockdown, due to people not being allowed out.

I think they gave out a paltry amount for 4 months- useless.

pepperminty

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2022, 05:22:44 PM »

I wonder what it'll be like when we get there. The people in care homes now are from the era when hrt was much less safe (if available at all) and treatment finished at 60.

There were some lucky ones - Joan Collins and most elderly, famous female celebrities take it.

The incidents of osteoporosis and dementia slowly went up after the false  breast  cancer scare , cos everyone stopped taking it. The progesterone part ( the older synthetic versions) raised the incident of breast cancer less than being over weight and drinking and smoking. The study and interpretation was flawed. Only those with an enlightened GP were given HRt and then one never asked what it was and just took it. Everything one does has a risk , but the risk of bowel cancer , dementia , heart attacks and osteoporosis is greater, after estrogen goes.
I wish they would call it hormone top up therapy.
The amount of ladies that would benefit from a little estrogen in care homes is astounding. Less Vulval pain for a start.
I hope when we reach that age the HRT fiasco ( not enough types shortages and clueless  GP's) will be a thing of the past.  ::)

I hope a long symptom free, happy, healthy and life into older age for us all.

PMXX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2022, 08:17:44 PM »

Which type of scan did you undergo, was it pelvis/hips?
Pages: 1 [2]