Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Need help please (covid)  (Read 2302 times)

sweettooth

Need help please (covid)
« on: May 13, 2022, 09:25:47 AM »

Dear ladies,
I haven’t been on the forum as have been really struggling since covid (Not long covid) 7 weeks ago!  Hot flushes, v low moods, anxiety etc like my estrogen not working. I had this after vaccine and was only starting to feel better when I got covid☹️
Really need some positive reply’s please.  Can anyone tell me how long roughly after covid, they began to feel benefits of their hrt again?  I did look back at old posts but can’t see how those ladies are now after covid and I do hope you are all ok now❤️

Many thanks ❤️

Flossieteacake

Re: Need help please (covid)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 09:30:46 AM »

I am so sorry you are going through this, sweettooth. It is a horrible experience. I know it feels awful now but there is every chance this will pass and you will feel how you did before. I had long covid for a while and I am okay again. I am sending you a virtual hug.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 09:42:59 AM »

It can take a while if hormones are upset by a virus, C-19 seems to be recorded as affecting hormone levels.  Some ladies have had a period after years without for example.  Is there a support/research web-site to find out more?

In the meantime, rest as much as your body wants!  1 cannot out-run a virus.  Keep hydrated, get a lot of VitD and gentle exercise so that the muscles don't atrophy.  That was a big problem for those hospitliazied with Covid in that due to being bed-bound, muscles quickly lost power so it took a while to become mobile during recovery.

mandss

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 09:47:40 AM »

I am 6 weeks post covid, and was finally feeling good again, but this week is terrible, feel like I need to have a period as my groin and back passage feel heavy, flushes returned and my mood is low. I was also wondering if this is covid related ?

sweettooth

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 11:22:48 AM »

Thank you all so much for kindly replying!
Flossi great to hear you’ve recovered after long covid❤️
CLKD great advice👍
Mandss that rings a bell, last week I felt good for first time and then last weekend it hit me again, must be part of the recovery🤞 Hope we both get back soon, I’m so so fed up after a year of post vaccine mess! then covid because of the effects on hormones!

It’s great to hear positive outcomes🌺

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 01:33:55 PM »

Viruses 'take it out' of the body.  Think in the 1980s, when after effects were called 'Yuppy 'flu'? but found later that they were real, the result of the body being knocked sideways due to have encountered a virus unknown to their immune systems.

Don't rush.  It's the 'best' time of year to recover from a Virus, as we get more daylight hours.  Let us know how you get on.

sweettooth

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 02:21:49 PM »

Thanks CLKD I will certainly let u know. It’s like my estrogen isn’t working just horrid.

Flossie did you just keep your hrt same? X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 02:34:51 PM »

Thanks CLKD I will certainly let u know. It’s like my estrogen isn’t working just horrid.

Flossie did you just keep your hrt same? X

I did. I was only on oestrogen patches as they did not realise I needed progeterone. Clueless GP!

Ecl

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2022, 03:48:52 PM »

I had covid at end Janand early Feb. Have gradually noticed my symptoms returning since, had a gp appointment yesterday and have upped my oestrogen. I will never know if it was covid or if it is my own hormones reducing further ( peri). Could you see about increasing your dose and see how you go?,

sweettooth

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 04:07:42 PM »

Flossie did virus affect your hormones?

Mandss this week for me has been awful too and that’s about beg of 7th week so similar in time frame to you!

Ecl I increased after vaccine and didn’t do well, I am post menopause. Just don’t know what to do tbh☹️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2022, 04:57:35 PM »

I do not really know as I cannot be sure if the symptoms were long covid or 'normal' for menopause. I think you should talk to whoever prescribed your HRT. Are you with a menopause clinic? They will be able to advise you. I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. It is horrible.

Gilla999

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2022, 08:23:21 PM »

Sorry to hear you're still suffering Sweettooth. I just looked at my diary and it took me 3 weeks after testing positive to feel good again (felt much longer!) suffering from basically my symptoms of low E and I had to increase my HRT to 4 sprays (from 3) in order to feel well and I haven't been able to get it back down again, I feel that's the level I need now. I'll never know if needing to increase was related to covid or not but I had a similar situation after the booster jab in Dec (was fine with the first 2 jabs) but equally that could have been unrelated - we'll never know!

Have you had a blood test to check your E level?

My sister has diagnosed long covid (is under the care of a clinic) and it took her 12 weeks before she had a big upturn - I've seen a few people give that timeline.

Sending you much love!

sweettooth

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2022, 10:34:16 PM »

Flossie I did have levels checked just b4 covid so perhaps if things don’t pick up I need them redone.  It has taken me ages to improve from vaccine regards to hormones.

Gilla I don’t think my symptoms are of long covid, last week I felt good then it just flipped back to the horrid hormone issues, sleep disruption with palps racing heart, anx, low mood, even hot flushes, the weakness in legs I had pre hrt and it cured all this but it all kicked off after vaccine.  It’s been such a horrid journey!  My understanding it’s the receptors that be affected after vaccine or covid hence why I’m getting meno symptoms back even though my levels were good.
I hope not to have to increase estrogen as I had bc in the past.
Thanks again x

sweettooth

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2022, 10:10:42 AM »

All you lovely kind ladies who have replied, I just wanted to say thank you so much❤️❤️Means a lot!!

Felt dreadful this morn so very low & anxious I think it’s an immune response affecting my estrogen.  Chatted to a lady who sailed through menopause without hrt and after covid is having hot flushes and tearful so it is def a thing! 
I will get my levels checked this week and let you know the outcome🌹

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2022, 11:08:13 AM »

You are very welcome. I am sorry to hear today is a bad day for you. Hopefully you can get an appointment soon and see if your HRT needs to be adjusted.
Pages: [1] 2