Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Thumping heart everol sequi 50!!  (Read 756 times)

Caroline Mackenzie

Thumping heart everol sequi 50!!
« on: May 12, 2022, 08:24:55 PM »

Hi everyone,
I've just started with everol sequi patches,I know it's only been 6 days but so far I've felt sick,my stomach is so bloated and uncomfortable and my heart is thudding so much its keeping me awake!
I know these are all probably normal side effects and I need to give it time but the heart thing is really unnerving!!! I feel like my body isn't coping with it ,I'm on everol sequi 50 patches! Anyone else have any experience with thudding heart?
Thanks all x

Taz2

Re: Thumping heart everol sequi 50!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 07:23:19 AM »

Hi. That sounds very uncomfortable. Could the bloated tummy symptom have led to a rise in your anxiety which then leads to the thudding heart feeling? This is one of my really common anxiety symptoms.

Transdermal HRT is usually kinder to our digestive symptoms as it's not metabolised by the liver. I'm on Evorel and only found I had sore breasts when first starting plus a feeling like slight period pains. Have you had any change in bowel movements?

Taz x

ATB

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 07:48:53 AM »

I am having this issue too and it is really awful. I’ve been on evorel for about 5 months and gel before but I lowered the dose 2 months ago and this started happening a couple of weeks ago. So for me, I’m getting GERD, really intense burping and some bloating and the pounding heart only comes with that. I’m also on thyroid meds so current theory is that I may be now over medicated since adding HRT, and I’m testing that to check. Other possibility is the magnesium I was taking at night for sleep and anxiety, or it may be that I need a tad more oestrogen at the later 2 weeks of my cycle when I take Utrogestan. Complicated!! So it’s hard to figure out. In your case, if you’ve not been on HRT till recently, it could be your body getting used to it. Do you take anything else? Is this happening when on Utrogestan?

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 10:12:09 AM »

Hi Caroline :welcomemm:  I'm wondering from your description whether this medium dose product is perhaps a bit of a shock to your system.  If you are new to HRT & this is your instinct, you could perhaps try starting on half a patch for a month or so?  I started on Evorel Conti a few years postmenopause (equivalent dose to yours but with the progestogen every day), but kept to half a patch for the first month to minimise the shock to the system.  Some women do cut patches to allow them to adjust their dose & though pharmacists usually say the manufacturer doesn't recommend it, many of us on here have done that with matrix patches.  You could perhaps run this by whoever prescribed it for you if you're not sure.  Just a thought.
Wx

Caroline Mackenzie

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 04:12:08 PM »

Thanks so much for your reply.
I'm sure it's just settling in stuff,I'm also on 50mg of sertraline which I've been on for a while now for anxiety,it used to work so well before the jobs of menopause hit so realised I needed to at least try HRT .
The pounding heart is definitely not anxiety related,it's all the time and especially at night.
I think,like you say,it's just a shock to my poor old system,wondering what on earth I'm doing.
Yes I've also had weird twangy, pains in womb like I did when I was early pregnant  it all kind of feels like that really,sore boobs etc..if it keeps happening I'll phone back my GP and try half a patch! It's a total learning curve all thus but I'm determined to not feel awful for the next few years so want to persevere!! Thanks folks,I'm sure I'll be back with more questions soon!! Xx

Wrensong

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 01:19:21 PM »

You're so right - it can be such a steep learning curve.  Let us know how you get on & please don't be afraid to ask anything.
Wx