Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Changing from Lenzetto to Evorel 50 any help or advice appreciated  (Read 2038 times)

Pippa52

Hi All,

I've been struggling with Lenzetto to get the dose right for nearly a year now so my GP has changed me onto Evorel 50.  Have been feeling really rough on Lenzetto (and a half sprays daily) and just could not go on like that anymore. 2 sprays seems to be too much.  I am 69 been on HRT since my hysterectomy aged 42.  I start the Evorel tonight after a day of feeling really vile today - palpitations and tachycardia, panic attacks, huge anxiety, waking in the night several times with a jolt in a sweat with real panic feelings for the last few weeks.. ALways feel the worse in the morning and afternoon (put Lenzetto on at 9pm every evening) and by 6 - 7pm start to feel slightly better.  My oestrogen blood level was 140 last week down from last year when it was 240.  I was on Oestrogel for many years but my blood level went down to 98 despite being on 3 pumps daily so was changed off it. I am just praying I feel better on the patches.  Has anyone else had symptoms like these? I am assuming my dose was too low.  Any advice or personal experiences with Evorel greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. xx

Floradora

Re: Changing from Lenzetto to Evorel 50 any help or advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 06:46:32 PM »

Good luck Pippa. Lots of women get on very well with Evorel patches so hopefully it will give you the relief of your symptoms and a more consistent flow of estrogen x

Pippa52

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 01:13:34 PM »

Floradora - thanks so much for your lovely message.  First Evorel patch went on last night.  Had a pretty dreadful night but feeling a little better today fingers crossed xx

Minnie64

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 03:23:33 PM »

Hi I do hope you start to feel better soon unfortunately I haven’t had a good experience with either Everol Conti or Everol 50. The main issue being worsening Migraines.

Nas

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 03:52:20 PM »

Good luck pippa!!

I’ve also decided to try evorel 50. Was going to go with lenzetto but it doesn’t look so readily available as the patches where i am.

First patch went on last night.
I was on 75 but wondered if it was too much, so have dropped to 50 for now.

Hope you feel better soon x

Floradora

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 04:52:07 PM »

Hi Nas and Pippa. Interestingly, I’m also trialling an Evorel 50 patch (I’ve done another long post about osteoporosis explaining why). Put it on this morning so we’ll see how I get on. I cut a bit off to start with and will build it up!

Nas

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 06:42:53 PM »

Welcome to the ‘ evorel club’ flora.
I thought you were on Femeston? X

Nas

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 06:47:44 PM »

Whoops sorry flora, just read your other post.

Really hope you /we get on on with evorel.

I liked femeston also but it just wasn’t enough for me and my bladder was horrendous towards the end of the 3 months.
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Floradora

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2022, 07:07:46 PM »

Yes fingers crossed we all get on well with it! X

Pippa52

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 01:03:35 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Fingers crossed we all get on well with Evorel patches.  I am on day 3 and although I had an awful migraine/headache yesterday to be fair I was getting them anyway and it may well be due to changing oestrogen levels as I have not managed to get level hardly at all when I was on Lenzetto so am expecting it to take a while to even out (up to 3 months I was told) I have however slept for the first time in months and the anxiety has gone down several notches so far. Hope so  much it will work for us all.  xxx

Nas

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2022, 04:38:56 PM »

That’s great to hear that you slept well Pippa.. 👍👍
Flora, how are you getting on with it?

I’m not sure yet, may not be enough Oestrogen still.. feeling slightly irritable and grouchy...I do however have a trapped nerve in my arm which is causing bother!  :-\

Xx

Floradora

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2022, 05:20:53 PM »

Hi Nas and Pippa. I’m doing ok with the Evorel and Provera combo so far. Had a huge headache on the first night but that seems to have passed. The pollen count is massive at the moment so it might have been caused by that anyway! It’s so difficult to tell insnt it when there might be something else going on that’s causing a symptom anyway. Nas- a trapped nerve is horrendous so no wonder you feel grouchy- I dont think estrogen can help with that one sadly! A good dose of anti inflammatory painkillers might give you some relief. Hope everyone sleeps well tonight x

Nas

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2022, 06:05:03 PM »

Glad you aware tolerating the new regime Flora, fingers crossed it works well for you going forward.

Yes the trapped nerve is horrendous. It’s swiftly taken my mind off the menopause, I am tell you! I’m so drugged up, I rattle!

Keep going ‘evorel warriors’   :)x

Pippa52

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 09:24:13 PM »

Nas and Floradora
Nas so so sorry to hear about the trapped nerve that must be so painful - do hope it starts to improve very soon - not what you need to have to cope with as well as the new patch. :(  Can your GP give you anything to help with the trapped nerve? Physio therapy or something maybe?
Floradora - so pleased to hear you are doing well on your new regime.  If it's any consolation I also had a really vile headache the first day after starting the patch. I did the first patch change last night and did feel a bit 'wired' last night and most of today.  Seems to be over the past few weeks I wake up feeling incredibly anxious for no reason at all then through the morning feel pretty grotty with head pressure and dizziness which wears off late afternoon.  Had this before starting the patches and have to say the anxiety has gone down some notches but wish I could feel all ok - hormones ay Grrrrr.

Floradora

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 09:58:16 PM »

Anxious feelings are just the pits aren’t they. Hopefully once you get settled on the Evorel things will improve and you will feel more relaxed. Like you I get dizziness with hormonal fluctuations and it’s horrible. I think the reason that things are worse in the morning is possibly low blood sugar first thing too. I always have a small late night snack now to help with this and try and have an apple juice soon after waking.  Sleep well x
Pages: [1] 2