Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Progesterone- time of day to take it?  (Read 5550 times)

Marchlove

Progesterone- time of day to take it?
« on: May 02, 2022, 04:09:06 PM »

Hi All,

Does anyone take their progesterone in the morning and estrogen at night?

I came across this article regarding timing of phlebotomy which says naturally progesterone peaks in the morning and estrogen during the night.

https://www.endocrinology.org/endocrinologist/134-winter19/features/24-hours-in-the-life-of-a-hormone-what-time-is-the-right-time-for-a-pituitary-function-test/

I take my estrogen last thing at night and progesterone about 5pm as I find if I take it later in the evening I wee more during the night.
I’m thinking of taking it even earlier based on this article.

Any  experiences of this appreciated xx

laszla

Re: Progesterone- time of day to take it?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 04:17:00 PM »

Hi Marchlove, I do the exact opposite, ie take the progesterone at bedtime on the 10 days I take it - mainly based on the fact that most around here say it makes you sleepy and in my case, the couple of times that I took it earlier in the day it actually made me dizzy so I could never take it again earlier.
Re estrogen am on patches so AM/PM not relevant in this case.
But interesting to hear about the times each peaks, if you can experiment it might be worth a try. 

Sage 🍃

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 05:48:45 PM »

Thank you, Marchlove. Very interesting article! I suppose this has never been considered regarding time of HRT use, not even in the studies sponsored by the manufacturers 🤔

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 07:52:36 PM »

Lazla- interesting re the dizziness, might me the dosage rather than progesterone itself.
I’m going to slowly give it a go. By the way added in the PremEeze yesterday.

Sage- yes also validity of serum tests depending on time of day. Don’t think Gp’s test at night!

X

ATB

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 07:09:44 AM »

Oh this is interesting. I take Utrogestan at night as that was what was advised. I changed the time from just before bed to before dinner and it helped me feel sleepy for bedtime!

Polpringle

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 07:50:54 AM »

I take my progesterone about 6pm because I was waking to groggy taking it at bedtime. Interesting article

Marchlove

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 08:08:11 AM »

Taking progesterone before food increases it’s absorption, hence you feeling sleepy at bedtime ATB.
I’ve taken the plunge this morning and took it at 8am on empty stomach, will let you know how I get on! x

ATB

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 08:32:48 AM »

Yes, I was taking 2 hours after my evening meal. Now I take 1 hour before. So far, so good.

Uptick

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2022, 03:13:54 PM »

Hi Marchlove, thanks for posting this very useful article. I can't post my thoughts right now but will return later on.

Marchlove

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2022, 04:14:17 PM »

Thanks Uptick, always look forward to hearing your thought's. x