Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Conti patches stay on or come off  (Read 923 times)

Jean007

• First Flush
Conti patches stay on or come off
« on: May 02, 2022, 07:21:12 AM »

Started out on low does femeston conti aged 53 bleed every 3 weeks or spotted for 7 months came off them for 2 months no bleeds but low mood and anxiety came back.
Now on everol conti patches 4 months same again bleeding, I know it takes sometime to settle but now waking in middle of night generally knackered.

I have no idea were I am in menopause because when I started on tablets I had only stopped periods for 4 months but nurse said because of my age she would put me on conti.

So question is should I stop patches and see were I am if post or peri, or carry on and see if things settle. Thank you

Nas

Re: Conti patches stay on or come off
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 07:55:10 AM »

You need to be on a sequi regime, not conti. Conti is only for women who have been without periods for a year or more ( and even then bleeding can still occur)

Try evorel sequi and see what happens? You will get a predictable bleed once a month on this regime. Or any sequi regime really, it’s whatever suits.

Good luck.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 09:01:46 AM »

This idea that you can use conti because you're a certain age causes so many problems. Conti is for meno where you haven't had a bleed for a year. As you're peri you should be on a sequi regime. If you use conti before you're ready for it you will bleed - as you've fould out! Some women aren't meno til their early 60s

Jean007

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 05:50:51 PM »

Thank you for your reply, I will speak with my GP to change to monthly bleeds.

Jean007

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 09:37:51 AM »

Just spoke to a lady GP about going on sequi because of bleeds and still being peri, she told me to come off hrt and she will put me on sertraline, did I know there was a risk of breast cancer and colon cancer with taking HRT, she told me to think about it and she will ring me back Friday.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 10:23:07 AM »

This makes me so mad, she is even worse. Does she know this risk is associated with the old horse urine oral hrt and the risk from transdermal hrt is minimal? Has she read the Nice guidelines since 1964? Is she aware they say hrt is the appropriate treatment for oestrogen deficiency not ADs? Is there anyone you can see who knows more about it than she does? You can ask for a referral to a meno clinic but there is a long wait and your gp should be able provide appropriate treatment.

VictoryV

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 12:02:01 PM »

This really angers me!
Jean, get as much knowledge ready for the next apt whether it’s with same GP or another. Have the NICE guidelines to hand, be prepared to tell them their info is outdated and harming their patients.
Hopefully you won’t need to battle but best to be prepared just in case.
Good luck.