Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thick Night Cream Moisturiser  (Read 1499 times)

VictoryV

Thick Night Cream Moisturiser
« on: May 01, 2022, 09:57:22 AM »

Hi,
4 years ago I couldn’t use night cream as it left my skin oily, it was too thick and stodgy. Nowadays I need one, can anybody recommend one please? I’m trying to avoid testing ones/paying a fortune to fine the right one.
Thanks.
Victoria.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Thick Night Cream Moisturiser
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 10:00:28 AM »

We use 'nivea' successfully and I have found 'vaseline' lovely on the skin, on the areas which itch.  DH has itchy ears and between his toes and uses the thicker 'nivea' as the liquid flows too quickly.  I don't use cream unless there is an itch as the skin needs to 'breath'. 

VictoryV

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 10:04:40 AM »

Cheers CLKD, I’ll try Vaseline tonight. My noise is flaky and I use a bb foundation, it’s flaking through the cream and looks dreadful. I’ve not tried Nivea for years so will give it a go.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 10:12:32 AM »

I think little and often is important as well as using sun protection now as there is more heat out there ;-).

As with VA treatment, often keeps the skin moist.

VictoryV

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 10:20:41 AM »

Just tried Nivea, I need something thicker as a night cream. Is anybody using anything really rich at night that feels really thick but that leaves the skin feeling nourished in the morning please?
I use collagen in the day but that’s not feeling as softening as it used to recently now either!
Thanks.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 10:27:24 AM »

I like Superdrugs vitamin E moisturiser. I find it gentle too.

Polpringle

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 10:43:32 AM »

On the expensive side but Charlotte tilbury miracle cream is lovely, but dream cream by lush is amazing too

juliemargaret

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 11:24:16 AM »

Hi Victoria - yes! I really recommend Weleda Skin Food! Green tube and about £8 and works wonders. Comes very highly recommended too. I only use of an eve as its rich and I like to slather it on thick - and it really is good for the skin. Have a Google. Once any dry areas feel ‘fed’ I then use maybe just few times a week! X

NicolaJ

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 11:40:27 AM »

Aldi do a day cream and night cream that has won many awards. It is very similar to many that have same ingredients and is way cheaper. I've used both creams for years and swear by them! Worth a try if you're trying to be economical

VictoryV

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 11:56:06 AM »

I’ve got a tub of vit e so will have a go with that now, thanks Flossie.
JMargaret- I’m googling that now.
Polpringle, looking at those too.
NicolaJ- I’ve heard about Aldi cream before but not tried it.

Thanks for all the recommendations ladies, it’s strange how are skin changes so rapidly. Rich night creams used to never absorb creating a greasy mess, nowadays I can wear them as day creams under make up!

laszla

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 01:24:00 PM »

La Roche Posay - you can get samples on ebay if you want to test it and Boots often have good discounts on their products.
Their Cicaplast product is a classic and much lauded, very rich cream which is great at night.
In the day time also Lipikar and Toleriane if you have very flaky sensitive skin (and Toleriane is not as greasy so can easily be used in the daytime under make-up too.
These products have pretty much resolved my very dry skin/eczema in these years.

I also like the Weleda Baby face cream with white mallow.

C.C.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 04:45:12 PM »

I use the Nivea body lotion after a shower but for my hands and dry patches I started using Eucerin, don't know if you have that brand in the U.K.  It's pretty good at smoothing out rough patches, even on the face. I use it morning and night.

Gilla999

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2022, 07:14:55 PM »

Not sure what your budget is V but there is a cream by Eve Lom (think it's called 'rescue something' that is very rich - so rich it can be hard to apply at times - but it's very moisturising.

Another rich one I've tried is the lavender night cream by Neals Yard. Xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 08:27:22 AM »

I use cerave. It comes in all sorts of variations, but I like the thicker one in the tub. Soaks in really well. Boots often have 3 for 2 but I got mine off Amazon.

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2022, 01:22:07 PM »

I use no 7 at Boots and have done for years - gradually changing  which one as I get older - now I used the one formulated for really old oldies ie 60's and above!! They do different ones for different ages. I use it during the day too as the day cream has sunscreen in it and I don't like to use this.

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2