Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stiff fingers in the morning  (Read 1194 times)

Baldrick11

Stiff fingers in the morning
« on: April 28, 2022, 12:52:12 PM »

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can help.

I am 52 and been on Esteraderm MX 50 HRT for the last 3 months ( I was on Everol Conti July 2021 - Jan 2022 when I had a coil fitted and then went onto Esterderm MX 50)

I have been experiencing stiff and achy fingers and toes since October 21, the doctor has checked for Osteoarthritis and I have had Xrays - all clear.

Could the stiffness be caused by HRT? or maybe do I need to increase the dosage or change the brand or delivery of the HRT (rather than a patch take it by tablet or gel?)

Any guidance would be appreciated as the stiffness and pain is driving me mad.........

VictoryV

Re: Stiff fingers in the morning
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 01:35:28 PM »

Hi, I got really painful middle fingers which stopped when I increased estrogen, pretty quickly too.

Good luck.

Floradora

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 06:56:45 PM »

Really painful joints in my fingers was actually one of my very first menopause symptoms which disappeared since HRT so I can only assume this was estrogen related. It may be that you are not absorbing this particular patch very well.

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 08:35:49 PM »

I got horrible joint paint and stiffness on the estradot patch, didn't have it on everol or estrogel, once I changed hrt the stiffness went away but that's only my own personal experience we are all different, you could try a different patch see if it makes any difference x

KatyB

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 08:32:54 PM »

Yep, bad aches in fingers went away when I got the right level of oestrogen...and some patches I absorbed better than others, so didn't feel equivalent dose....I also went all the way up to 100 dose patches on Every, although I'm ok on 75 dose with Estradot...found separate Utrogestan for the progesterone allowed me to get the right dose of each....