Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and HRT patches  (Read 1616 times)

Cat12

• First Flush
Anxiety and HRT patches
« on: April 26, 2022, 10:37:38 AM »

Hi ladies
I have had perimenopausal anxiety for a couple of months. Been on Evorel sequi patches for 4 weeks but anxiety still there. I
Do I need to be patient please? Chest is really tight and painful at times and so are my tummy muscles.😔

ATB

Re: Anxiety and HRT patches
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 10:45:23 AM »

Sorry to hear about your anxiety, I have it too. Unfortunately yes it takes time. For me, I feel good with every other symptom but anxiety is still there with all my HRT on right dose so it’s about waiting, using other techniques like meditation, CBT, magnesium at night, learning about breathing techniques and things like that. I know it is horrible, so you have my sympathies. Be patient though and try other things too. It can take 3 months or more to really be fully effective.

Cat12

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 04:25:27 PM »

Thank you. I really appreciate your reply. I have been taking magnesium in the morning but will try it at night instead. I have been trying breathing exercises but it just feels as though my body is out of control. Very scary feeling as I have never had anxiety before.😢

ATB

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 04:30:22 PM »

Totally know what you mean, the first panic attack was god awful and I’ve never had it until these hormone problems. I take magnesium glycinate as it’s supposed to be best for anxiety and sleep and I take it with my meal. It’s helped my sleep a lot!
If you can, keep trying with the breathe work and I use Headspace app or YouTube for when I’m having a moment, they have some good stuff. I actually found the most helpful thing was hypnosis. Haven’t had it in ages but am thinking about it again. I do hope it eases for you soon, it’s so awful and scary

Sue1972

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 02:44:20 PM »

I also have terrible anxiety and it was the main thing that made me decide to try HRT. I was managing all the other symptoms but once I had the covid jab everything just seemed to escalate, especially the anxiety and heart palpitataions. The HRT has helped a little and I also use breathing techniques and take magnesium glycinate, but the one thing I find helps the most is tapping. I have an app called "The Tapping Solution' which really seems to help.  :)

ATB

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 03:06:06 PM »

Oh thanks Sue, someone mentioned tapping to me ages ago and I forgot about it.

TheAmericansWife

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 07:19:08 PM »

Hi ladies
I have had perimenopausal anxiety for a couple of months. Been on Evorel sequi patches for 4 weeks but anxiety still there.

I have been on HRT a for 2 years now and have fiddled and faffed. I found that patches didn’t work for me, I don’t know why. I’m on gel now and I’ve found that there is one particular week after ovulation, when your estrogen levels naturally drop that I still get anxiety. I mostly get it on waking, and agitated feeling in my stomach. I’ve also found that within 20 minutes of applying my gel it subsides.

It may be possible that a. Your levels aren’t quite there yet or b. You’re not absorbing the estrogen properly. Or a&b!

Unfortunately it’s a game of try this, if that doesn’t work, try that. What works for one woman clearly doesn’t work for all.

Keep going x

Songbird

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 01:30:06 PM »

Sue.  I noticed your message regarding the Tapping Solution and promptly installed it on my phone  ;)
I like it a lot.  It feels like something else in my toolbox for managing anxiety so thanks for that 🙏
I’ll stick with the “free sessions” on the app, mind you  ;D, one of which is a 10 minute session for anxiety.  Geez, I definitely felt calmer and quieter after it.  :bighug:

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2022, 02:31:40 PM »

My anxiety and insomnia took 3 months to go on hrt. I saw no improvement for the first month then very much up and down after that. It seems to be one of the symptoms that needs a build up of oestrogen to resolve.

Sue1972

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2022, 11:32:51 AM »

Songbird I am so happy to hear you have found the tapping beneficial. I also only use the free ones too ;D