Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause on hrt and am having two periods  (Read 1158 times)

Veganpod

• First Flush
Perimenopause on hrt and am having two periods
« on: April 22, 2022, 04:51:40 PM »

Hi everyone,

First poster here.. I have been on patches (50) and progesterone (12 days on 16 days off cycle) I still have heavy and regular periods but I also suffered anxiety and bad sweats. Along with bloods showing low oestrogen levels. Tbh I have had peri symptoms for years and the gp was happy to prescribe them. I do feel better but this month, 3 days into the progesterone part I got another period (I believe it is my natural period as they where always regular but not necessarily the same time apart each month (if that makes sense? How can I stop this happening and what should I do? My bloods also showed hypothyroid was potentially a problem but doc said to retest in 3 months. I have an appointment with Louise newson clinic coming up as I’m wanting a prescription for testosterone (low libido to add to the party)

Many thanks in advance - this website is a lifeline  :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 06:30:55 PM by Veganpod »

ATB

Re: Perimenopause on hrt and am having two periods
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 07:30:22 PM »

Hi! We sound similar. I had earlyish peri menopause symptoms and was diagnosed hypothyroid after a while, but not HRT for 6 years. I did experience periods that would come frequent and then far apart, that kind of thing can happen but I didn’t have that on HRT. Do you take any other supplements? I think maybe wait to see what happens next month, discuss it with your GP or doctor at Newson too. It might be a one off or could be too much of something.