Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan withdrawal help!  (Read 1112 times)

Vicky81

Utrogestan withdrawal help!
« on: April 20, 2022, 07:02:12 AM »

Hi all

Has anyone any advice?, I've been suffering with very bad anxiety since I took the utrogestan. My bleed ended on sat and that's when I got bad...anger, more tears, anxiety.  Does anyone know or have experience of this and how long it lasts?
Plus I put my first everol 100 patch on at 1pm yesterday....how long will the patch take to show a difference or does it have to level out??

Love to all of you xxx I really need your help xxx

LornaT

Re: Utrogestan withdrawal help!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 08:04:17 AM »

Vicky I’m sorry to hear you still feel rubbish, it’s horrid isn’t it? How long have you been on increased dose of sertraline, and what strength patch were you on before the 100? Who even knew it was like this? 🥲sending hugs x

Curlygirl

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 08:55:34 AM »

Hi all

Has anyone any advice?, I've been suffering with very bad anxiety since I took the utrogestan. My bleed ended on sat and that's when I got bad...anger, more tears, anxiety.  Does anyone know or have experience of this and how long it lasts?
Plus I put my first everol 100 patch on at 1pm yesterday....how long will the patch take to show a difference or does it have to level out??

Love to all of you xxx I really need your help xxx

Hugs to you love, and I hope it all gets better for you soon. I’m sure someone will be along with some advice for you ❤️

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 09:00:33 AM »

I'm not sure you can blame utro given the time delay? It should be about 8 days since you stopped utro and I would have expected withdrawal effects to start much earlier. I get fatigue on utro which takes 2 days to go after stopping.
Hope this new regime works for you.

Vicky81

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 09:06:27 AM »

Lorna- been on 150mg sertraline for 2 weeks now. First time on patches as was on gel before.

Sheila- yes I got bad withdrawal.....another lady on her said she had the same and had to change to provera which I've asked for.

Thanks to all xxxx

sweettooth

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 09:15:31 AM »

Don’t have any experience of progestins but just to say sorry you are feeling so bad, i know what it’s like and it’s soooo hard.  Hugs from me and get well soon wishes xxx

LornaT

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 09:53:10 AM »

Hi Vicky, how many pumps of gel were you on, was it the oestrogel? X

Perinowpost

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 10:12:53 AM »

Vicky81 it takes me about a week to get back on an even keel with utrogestan withdrawal. The first 2 days are the worst. Hang in in there, each day should get slightly better. Looks like you have particularly sensitive receptors (like me 😔).

Hope this helps x

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 11:18:37 AM »

Thanks sweetooth that's lovely hug yo you too.

Lorna- I was on 4 pumps oestrogel. Now the patch.

Perinowpost- my days i can't have that every time u take it! What are your withdrawal symptoms?, I've asked for provera now....another lady on here said she found it better. After utrogestan I went bat shit crazy!!!! Punched the wall, tugging at my hair in anger, raised anxiety xxx

Perinowpost

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2022, 12:26:20 PM »

My withdrawal symptoms are loss of joy, tearfulness and over worrying. For example I always want to divorce my husband for about 2 days (the poor man), I don’t really mean it and it goes as soon as the utrogestan leaves my system. I’m back to my normal self the rest of the month with no issues whatsoever.

For what it’s worth I’m like this on all progesterone (provera included) and I’ve tried most of them now. The only option for me is to take the minimum amount for the smallest time allowed. Sorry it’s not better news. I do feel the benefits of oestrogen make it worthwhile though x

Vicky81

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2022, 01:03:12 PM »

Hi peri
Hmmm tricky one....I guess il try provera...which mg provera would I take you think? X