Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Uterine Polyp and frequent waking at night  (Read 970 times)

FionaA

Uterine Polyp and frequent waking at night
« on: April 11, 2022, 01:13:40 AM »

Hi there. I'm new to this forum, but so glad I found you guys. I'm 51, and I have been on oral HRT (Trisequens for the most part) for about 3 years for hot flashes and mood swings. I'm still getting a bleed every month but much lighter than it used to be. But now getting breakthrough bleeding during the second part of my cycle which gyno says is related to a polyp.

About 5 months ago I started getting signs of VA and OAB. I never knew I could want to pee every single second of the day. Nor did I know that it was possible to "feel" my bladder from inside me. Finally got to the gyno 3 weeks ago. Ovestin cream and some chinese herbs have really helped with the OAB symptoms, but gyno found a uterine polyp (about 2cm) and wants to remove it and then transition my on to the estrogen gel and progesterone tablet at night.

The last symptom I have - and its really getting me down is frequently waking up at night. I haven't slept through the night in years and I'm OK with that, but now instead of waking up 2 times a night, its between 4 and 7 times a night (worsening for about 6 months now). At first I thought it was my OAB because I needed to pee, but with that mostly sorted I have no idea why I'm waking up. I work a full time job and sometimes I feel like a zombie.

I bought a CPAP machine in case it was sleep apnea, but it has made no difference and the machine records very few apneas during the night. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has had to deal with frequent waking up at night and if it could possibly be related to the polyp or something else? Anyone who has overcome this issue - I'd be so very grateful if you could share what worked for you, I'm willing to try anything.

I'm also a bit worried about having this polyp removed because I've never been under a general anaesthetic before and I find it very scary.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Uterine Polyp and frequent waking at night
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 08:24:46 AM »

Morning.  Are U able to explain OAB ?

Why does the Gynae want to change a regime if it's working?  Was there a specific reason?

Vaginal atrophy symptoms mimic urine infection-type feelings really really well  >:(.  VA is usually caused by a lack of oestrogen which may make the body dry: inside and out; skin, between the toes, scalp, deep in the ears, eyes, vagina ......... as well as the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

R U Stateside?

Browse round, make notes ;-).  :welcomemm:  ask away.

FionaA

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 09:41:32 AM »

Hi, thanks so much for the reply. I'm in Australia.

The reason she wants to change my HRT was merely her preference (its my decision) - she believes the gel / progesterone tablet to be a more modern approach and less stress on the liver because the gel isn't metabolised by the liver apparently.

OAB - overactive bladder. Basically it was driving me insane. I felt constant pressure in my bladder and felt like I needed to pee almost every minute of the day/night. I even stopped running (which I love) because even if I peed just before I walked out the door within 2 minutes I felt like I was desperate to pee again!  :'(

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 10:13:23 AM »

I do agree about the gel it is bio identical and I am sure will prob be better for you in the long run, along with a progesterone tablet you could even use cyclically not every day as some people do not do well on permanent progesterone. I think sleeplessness is part of the meno journey, when I was younger I would do 9 hours right through. I cannot say when last I had more then 3 hours sleep unbroken, been like this for years, really frustrating indeed.