Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Finally got my coil removed and got alternative HRT  (Read 777 times)

Peri-wrecked

Finally got my coil removed and got alternative HRT
« on: April 08, 2022, 05:51:39 PM »

Well ladies,
After many months of procrastinating and doubting and just being unable to make a decision, I finally got my coil removed today. I originally went to speak to my gp because of my  mood and getting pelvic cramps in the middle of the night and feeling like I could feel the coil poking me from inside.
My moods have been awful lately. I'm on a contraceptive pill as well as the mirena coil so I wasn't sure what was causing what. Anyway, I got the coil removed and I was a quivering mess at the GP's office because I always get that way when i visit doctors. White coat syndrome I guess but today was extra shaky!! I guess I felt like I might not be listened to. But i must admit it was fine. She listened and asked me questions and she did suggest it could be mental health issues too and I shouldn't rule it out. I told her I didn't think it was stress or anything like that as I've found myself coping well at work and home. But I'm not ruling it out either. 
I'm slightly worries about this "Mirena Crash" I hear people talk about. But, I'm hoping I might not get that .
I've not been perceived ultrogesten and lenzetto spray (2sprays) I haven't picked anything up from the pharmacy yet so I'm not sure what way I'm taking any of it.  Should i wait for a cycle to come naturally or should I just start the new regime tomorrow when i pick it up from the chemist.
I'm hoping for a miracle with this regime.  Anybody have any positive experiences with it? I guess it will be hard to tell what is working when I'm withdrawing from one and starting another. How long should I give the new regime 3 -6 months? 
So hoping to feel someway better than what I was feeling. Fingers crossed I start to find the old me again or close to it.

Perinowpost

Re: Finally got my coil removed and got alternative HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 06:39:16 PM »

Peri-wrecked I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised. My mood returned to normal within 48 hours of having the mirena removed (as did my libido), and I really hope you have the same experience as me.

I have no experience of lenzetto, but it is the same stuff as evorel which I have good results with so you should be fine.

Keep us posted x

Peri-wrecked

Re: Finally got my coil removed and got alternative HRT
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 11:31:00 PM »

Oh thank you so much for the positive reply.......I really hope I have made the right decision. I might be imagining it but I feel a little brighter already- it has only been about 8 hours so who knows. I'm hopeful though.

Thank you so much. X