Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Withdrawal bleed and period  (Read 686 times)

Vicky81

Withdrawal bleed and period
« on: April 07, 2022, 05:48:55 AM »

Hi all

Hope this isn't a stupid question

Is it normal to feel more down/teary or anxious before the withdrawal bleed on utrogestan? The last night I'm due ti take it is Sunday.
I'm waking with womb aches which I know is due to my body getting ready to shed the womb lining. But I wondered if emotional symptoms get worse?
Vicky xx

Vicky81

Re: Withdrawal bleed and period
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 05:50:11 AM »

..    to add im also was due on my normal period 15th April....not sure if to expect that?

VanillaLover

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 07:54:41 AM »

I think the withdrawal of progesterone can cause PMT like symptoms yes. Mine are far less severe than when I have a natural period though.

I have had five cycles now on HRT and every one apart from one has been out of sync with the progesterone withdrawal. My own cycle is so varaiable (22-37 days) that it’s been overriding the progesterone (coming before I stop taking it). The last one was a long cycle though and do I think the bleed I had was truly due to the progesterone withdrawal and not my own cycle for once.

I found that if I’d already had my period I didn’t get another when I stopped the progesterone BUT did get a few cramps etc.

What is your own cycle like? If it’s regular anyway you may be able to get into a rhythm easily.

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 11:22:12 AM »

Hi VL

Yes my cycles are pretty reuglur...so not sure what to expect now! and i know i ovulated when i should have because i guess you just know....the feeling, the discharge etc...so i am quite regular xxx