Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Changing Hrt  (Read 721 times)

discokaren

Changing Hrt
« on: April 04, 2022, 08:07:41 PM »

Can I have some advice fro  you lovely ladies please. Bit the bullet and went to drs for HRT 2 months ago. I have suffered really bad with all the symptoms of meno for about 6 years and have tried everything else,  even a magnet in my pants.
I was given elleste duet 1mg, when I got home and read about it, it said if your over weight BMI high you should not take hrt in tablet form because of blood clots...Any way i have taken it for 2 months. mood anxiety depression all improved....but gave me indigestion quite bad, a bit sickly feeling to start with  but then the worst period I've ever had. Carried on into month 2 but when I started the green tablets again came anxiety really bad, stomach cramps just felt rubbish.  So before I came to the end of that month I went back to the Drs.
This time I have been given patches evorel Conti.  But once again came home read up on them it says only for ladies who haven't had a period for 18 months......This is not me I haven't had a proper period for about 2 years but used to have a bit of discharge every now and then and pmt still.
Probably 2 periods in 2 years. Any way I finished the pack of elleste and have had another really bad period, it was getting that bad with the amount of blood and cramps I didn't mo if I should ring the drs, but I've got through that and I am having my 7 day break before starting the patches.
Todays the day the patch goes on and it can't come soon enough, I have horrible panic, anxiety dizziness etc. Since Saturday  didn't think in just two months on HRT and then a break would make me feel so bad.
Has anyone got any good news stories that it will all be ok In the end because I can't see any light at the moment.
Could someone please tell me also if I am on the right patch,,,,I am 51 . It's just a mine field...First Dr said I had to try the tablets because they are the cheaper ones....Second Dr said that was rubbish and it was up to me...some HELP PLEASE X

sheila99

Re: Changing Hrt
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 12:57:47 AM »

Transdermal is safer than oral so it's good your on patches now. It should do away with the digestive issues too. The info is correct, as you're still peri you should be on a sequi regime. I would ring the doctor and ask for evorel sequi instead of evorel conti.
Once you find a hrt that suits you, yes, it does improve.

discokaren

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 11:36:59 AM »

Thank you, it's a mine field.  The only thing is the first lot of HRT was 2 prescription charges,  only used 2 months out of the 3, the 2nd one was one charge, which I thought would be for 3 months, which that would be a waste of money if I have to go back and get another type of HRT that will be another 2 prescription charges I just cant afford this . I wish they could just get it right in the first place.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 03:22:34 PM »

The sequi packet contains 2 weeks (4 patches) of evorel 50 which are oestrogen only and 2 weeks of conti patches which are the same as the ones you already have. You could ask for 3 months of evorel 50 which you could use to make up 6 months of sequi.