Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alternative to utrogestan?  (Read 3970 times)

Vicky81

Alternative to utrogestan?
« on: April 04, 2022, 06:01:10 AM »

Hello all

Could anyone advise if there is a better (less anxiety causing) progesterone that I could take instead of utrogestan?,

If so, how would I use the regime to incorporate my gel pumps?,

Vicky xx

Nas

Re: Alternative to utrogestan?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 06:39:40 AM »

Perhaps the Mirena  coil?
Norethisterone?
Am sure there are others if you research.

I would give the utrogestan some time to settle though, else once again, you are making a change ?  :)

Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 06:59:35 AM »

Hi NAS

I tried the coil a few years back and it was really painful! had to have it removed!!!!

LornaT

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 07:11:46 AM »

Hi Vicky, how long have you been on the utrogestan?

Dawnp

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 08:17:32 AM »

Hi Vicky
I am in the same situation so have had to research it. There is Norithesterone, but I don’t know if that comes in a separate tablet so you would have to ask your doc.
There is Provera that quite a lot of people use.
We chatted about using your Cerazette already, so that’s an option.
The other one is dydrogesterone, which only comes in a tablet, with estrogen, in Femoston but would be worth trying if you struggle to find anything else. I know how difficult it is because I’m in the same situation myself. xx

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 08:43:52 AM »

Lorna - i have only been on it for 3 nights so far (on a 10 day regime at 100mg) clinic said they gave me low dose and short time to see how i go..

Dawn - i have a call back from my Consultant today so will ask about the options.....thank you xx

Nas

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 10:00:02 AM »

3 nights is no time at all.
You need to give it a good few weeks to settle. If you change progesterone now, you will be even more unclear about where you stand.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:25:56 AM by Nas »

VanillaLover

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 10:08:27 AM »

Hi Vicky.

I understand how bad you are feeling and how desperate ! Believe me I do. We are all here for you.

I do think that the danger here is that you are attributing all your symptoms to whatever drug (antiD, oestrogen, utrogestan) you have just started …..and the problem is your anxiety and depression are naturally waxing and waning in the background there so you don’t know what is causing what.

I do understand the temptation (I have just started a new antiD and I’m blaming it on everything at the moment! However if I look back at my diary I could see that last week I was suffering from hot flushes and dizziness too without even taking them yet!)

The placebo and nocebo effects are very powerful. That’s why you need to give these things more time as these effects will wear off and you will be able to see where you stand. So three months with the HRT, six weeks with the antiD.

Have you got yourself on a waiting list for CBT yet ? It’s excellent for anxiety. Really life changing.

Let us know how you get on with the consultant phone call.

Things will get better!

Louise2010

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 10:24:50 AM »

I agree with Nas a bit of time to see what’s what is the best.
Everyone is so different in their make-up hormonally that sometimes one person can start a regime and it almost instantly fixes their issues, and for another it can take weeks and months for things to adjust slowly. It’s frustrating.
the advice I’ve received has really made a difference when I’ve listened to the ladies on here as they have years of experience at the coal face so to speak. 😁

Maybe if you lower your oestrogen that may allow you to lower the utrogestan to a dose that would keep you safe but have less side effects? Perhaps you could talk with Dr Watson about this today & make it really known to him just how awful ON the regime you’ve been feeling.

Wishing you lots of luck & a big hug 🤗 x

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2022, 11:52:05 AM »

Thanks to all.

Yes I will let him know. Just home from having another blood test...through medichecks. Will be interesting to see what my levels are one month later. My GP said this morning because of my last level being so high, she was unsure if I'm peri......hmmmm xxx

Dawnp

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 12:10:32 PM »

Hmm. That’s interesting. You’ve probably said all this on another thread, but why were you put on hrt in the first place?x

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 12:14:58 PM »

Hi

A female doctor at my work pointed it out ...said it sounded like her. Moody, anxiety,, tearful, severe anger.....so I guessed it could be peri??

Dawnp

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 12:36:07 PM »

It’s just so hard to make the judgement isn’t it, particularly when everyone varies so much. And especially if you’re having mood symptoms rather than the obvious hot flushes etc. I hope the the doc is able to come up with an answer for once you get your test results back. x

Vicky81

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 12:44:38 PM »

I know my head is pickled with it all.

Imagine if I'm taking all this and I'm not peri!

I started feeling anxiety about a month after moving into a new flat....never settled there, wasn't sleeping but was still socially going out etc. Then it was health anxiety big time,, running back and to GO hospital ..  every scan ...ovaries head the lot. Never had this ever! Then thr frantic really bad anxiety started....couldn't go out ... depression too. Not me at all x

Dawnp

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 01:13:15 PM »

There definitely sounds like there is a link to moving into the flat etc. I guess if you don’t see any improvement with the hrt when you’ve given it a decent shot, the only way to know will be to come off it and see if things are any worse, or better without it. You could then pursue the mental health route with counselling etc. xx
Pages: [1] 2 3