Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Unopposed estrogen and nausea  (Read 766 times)

Dawnp

Unopposed estrogen and nausea
« on: April 01, 2022, 08:37:11 AM »

I am currently on a high dose (175 patches) of estrogen which is unopposed by progesterone at the moment while my gp has been trying to find a progesterone I can tolerate. However I now have horrendous nausea. Has any one else experienced this?

Amazing grace

Re: Unopposed estrogen and nausea
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 01:27:00 PM »

Hi Dawnp, i use estrogen only hrt due to hysterectomy, I've had nausea on all doses which did go away after a few weeks of first starting hrt or increasing doses, but on high doses it was constant every day and quite intense, but I was never on a dose as high as yours, I just cannot tolerate high estrogen, so yes it's quite likely to be caused by the high dose,  it's a common side effect, not sure if it's because it's unopposed, maybe someone who knows more will leave some information for you, I do now use progesterone,(but otc not prescription as my needs are different having had a hysterectomy) but lowering the estrogen long before I started progesterone took the nausea away for me, have you tryed lowering your dose?, I hope you get relief nausea is absolutely awful, I have a fear of vomiting so I couldn't put up with nausea personally I would rather suffer some of my menopausal symptoms on a lower dose than have nausea although some women suffer it from low estrogen, it's very frustrating trying to get the balance right Ive never got it right after 4 years of trying, hoping the nausea goes away soon for you x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 01:32:42 PM »

I suffered terrible nausea with low oestrogen x

Dawnp

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 01:35:44 PM »

Thank you Dotty and Amazing Grace.
This is the problem isn’t it. Hard to whether it’s caused by too low or too high. Although it definitely wasn’t as bad when I was taking progesterone with it. Aaaaargh. x