Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help with blood test results/levels  (Read 830 times)

JoannFran

Help with blood test results/levels
« on: March 30, 2022, 09:24:42 AM »

Hi ladies

I wonder if anyone could help me interpret recent blood level results.  I know it's not a reliable indication of what hormones are doing but I'd like to get an idea if I need estrogen or progesterone. I've tried researching but there is so much conflicting information I wondered if anyone here could shed any light?  I've posted about this before but thought I'd include the results this time.

So on day 10 of my cycle my oestradiol level was 462 pmol/L  The result says normal range.
On day 21 my Oestradiol was 265 pmol/L - again within normal range but looks on the low side to me?
On day 21 my progesterone was 28 nmol/L - says within normal range but needs to be above 30 to indicate ovulation has actually happened.

My main symptom is anxiety which is really really bad in the luteal phase and peaks days 29,20,21,22.  I 'think' this is because of low progesterone but my GP won't agree.  She says it's because i'm intolerant to the progesterone but why would I all of a sudden develop an intolerance to my own progesterone when I've never had it before?

Can anyone help?  I've got Estrogel and Utrogestan sitting in the cupboard from when I last tried it and I'm really scared to try again as I think the estrogen made the anxiety worse (although I didn't really give it long enough to see for sure).  I'm not having any other low estrogen symptoms.  No flushes and only a very occasional night sweat during my period.  Periods are still regular.  Anxiety is the only symptom that is really affecting my life.  I've got ADs ready to try as I'm at rock bottom. But scared to start them as I'd like to know what's causing this.

I've read loads online about progesterone being the first hormone to decline but seems like the Drs in the UK don't seem to agree.

Thank you so much for reading x

Vicky81

Re: Help with blood test results/levels
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 10:14:39 AM »

Hi hun

I'm not sure on the results as no expert....but I am too confused a bit as my estradiol level on 4th March was 1615. I too have anxiety as my main symptom....its awful not going out anywhere.
Plus...where did you get your progesterone tested? My clinc only do blood test for testosterone and oestrogen xxx

Sophie79

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 10:32:22 AM »

Hello 👋 could it be an idea to try the utrogestan in its own and see if this helps?

I started on this first, for me it was initially the week before period then the week before that , was difficult for me and progesterone helped with that for a while.

JoannFran

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 10:46:01 AM »

Hi Vicky81, I've been getting my bloods done by Medichecks.  You can do them at home and I think it's fairly reasonably priced.  You **** your finger and drip the blood into the vial.  I've not had a problem doing it.

Sophie79, thank you.  I'm coming up to day 14 now so I'm gonna give the progesterone on it's own a try. I feel like I have nothing to lose!

Thank you for your replies :-)

VictoryV

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 02:09:13 PM »

You’re safer doing a blood draw from a nurse/clinic etc than using a finger **** sample if using HRT gel products. Your fingers are contaminated with the gel. I think Gilla999 tried applying gels wearing gloves for a month before a finger **** test but her results were still contaminated. I think Superdrug will do free blood draw.