Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Monster Long Hot Flushes  (Read 656 times)

VanillaLover

Monster Long Hot Flushes
« on: March 30, 2022, 09:03:40 AM »

Wondered if anyone has the same experience as me …

OK so I have “normal” hot flushes. Some days worse, some days very mild/none. Seems to be no real pattern to it. They tend to last under ten minutes and are horrible but I suppose bearable. They can be every hour on bad days.

But then sometimes (like last night) I get strange episodes where the hot flushes seem to run into each other for 2-3-4 hours. So I’m hot, sweating,chilled at the same time, headache, dizzy, nauseous, weak etc for ages until it eventually ends. Even then I still feel a bit wobbly. It’s like my thermostat has got totally confused. Feels like my body has no idea what’s it’s doing.

It tends to happen during my period day 2/3 I have noticed so when oestrogen is at its lowest I suppose.

It’s really affecting me during those attacks and I struggle to do anything tbh as I feel so awful and just want to lie down and be left alone.

Does anyone have similar? I am convinced sometimes that’s I’m actually dying of a rare illness sometimes ….

Thank you

Dawnp

Re: Monster Long Hot Flushes
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 09:42:41 AM »

I started a thread on here recently to try and find anyone like me because I have been struggling so much. You seem to be the only person who has posted anything similar in terms of length of time. I don’t have hot flushes as such. However I burn up for hours at a time. Sometimes 5 or 6 hours or more. I don’t sweat with it but I’m finding it pretty intolerable. It’s happening every day now. Mine also feels like my thermostat has gone haywire.

VanillaLover

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 10:12:27 AM »

Thank you Dawn. I actually used to think I was ill when it happened and was taking covid tests etc, days off work. Slowly coming to realise as it happens time and again the same thing that it’s all peri etc related. This is so rubbish.

Dawnp

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 10:49:40 AM »

I’m postmeno but things were so bad when I was suddenly hit with it that nobody knew what was wrong with me and sent me to a neurologist. I thought I was dying too. Still feel like that most days! It’s just awful isn’t it. Sending a very supportive hug. Do keep this thread updated and let me know how you get on. x