Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Thoughts on Lenzetto spray please  (Read 2192 times)

violetbat

Thoughts on Lenzetto spray please
« on: March 29, 2022, 06:16:19 AM »

Hi
I was switched to Lenzetto earlier this year because there was no gel available.
I had just gone up to 4 pumps of gel as my night sweats were getting worse. The 4 pumps of gel seemed to be helping. I even had a couple of sweat free nights.
I am 54 and have been on the gel utro combo for about three years.
No idea if I am peri/ post though.
I was told 2 sprays would be the same.
However, the night sweats are getting worse  and worse now -as are my temp fluctuations during the day.
Does anyone know why this is?
I love the convenience of the spray but I don’t think it is as effective as the gel.
I have three whole sprayers left . I would love to return to the gel.
Should I up my dose?
Advice and thoughts would be really appreciated 🙂

Gnatty

Re: Thoughts on Lenzetto spray please
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 09:05:34 AM »

I would try an extra spray. It's not as strong as was first thought so you have been given incorrect advice.. I think you might even need 4 sprays. Maybe try the Balance website I think they  have equivalent dose charts. I seem to recall it's something like an easy prescribing chart.

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 09:10:15 AM »

The BMS has an equivalent preparations page on its website, too. I'm trialling Lenzetto, two sprays and all it's done for me so far is demonstrate improved absorption. What I find is the delivery varies and unless the spray is at an accurate 90 degrees to the inner forearm, as directed, it varies quite a bit. Also, I now don't press the container too tight against the skin. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 09:11:49 AM by Postmeno3 »

violetbat

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 01:41:32 PM »

I would try an extra spray. It's not as strong as was first thought so you have been given incorrect advice.. I think you might even need 4 sprays. Maybe try the Balance website I think they  have equivalent dose charts. I seem to recall it's something like an easy prescribing chart.
Thank you so much for this advice- the website is great! I will up to 3 sprays and see if that helps- the night sweats have got steadily worse since starting on the spray and are making my life a misery.

violetbat

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 01:45:07 PM »

The BMS has an equivalent preparations page on its website, too. I'm trialling Lenzetto, two sprays and all it's done for me so far is demonstrate improved absorption. What I find is the delivery varies and unless the spray is at an accurate 90 degrees to the inner forearm, as directed, it varies quite a bit. Also, I now don't press the container too tight against the skin. Hope that helps.
yes I do find that sometimes I seem to get more product out of  the sprayer than other times. Then I panic and wonder exactly how many  full sprays I have actually had.
How exactly can they market a product as containing x amount per dosage and then that be incorrect?
I will make sure I am more careful when I spray.
If things don't improve on the canisters that I have left I will ask to go back to the gel ( if there is any).
The whole business of having to make a note of how many sprays are left is annoying too. It was so much easier with the gel- you could see if you had got to the end and only a small amount came out.

laszla

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 05:10:53 PM »

Strictly speaking the Lenzetto equivalent to 4 pumps of estrogel would be 6 sprays. Reference - the British Menopause Society https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/HRT-Equivalent-preparations-28.4.21.pdf
"Lenzetto three sprays (40mcgm) equivalent to two measures of oestrogel".
Moreover, as others have mentioned, Lenzetto's potency is now established to be less than previously thought.
So with two sprays you are getting significantly less oestrogen than before

violetbat

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 04:43:42 PM »

Strictly speaking the Lenzetto equivalent to 4 pumps of estrogel would be 6 sprays. Reference - the British Menopause Society https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/HRT-Equivalent-preparations-28.4.21.pdf
"Lenzetto three sprays (40mcgm) equivalent to two measures of oestrogel".
Moreover, as others have mentioned, Lenzetto's potency is now established to be less than previously thought.
So with two sprays you are getting significantly less oestrogen than before
Well that explains an awful lot!
So I had gone from 4 pumps down to the equivalent of less than 2 pumps. No wonder I have been having such a crappy time! I will up it now.
I find the sprayer really hit and Miss with them amount it delivers too. Sometimes a tiny patch. and sometimes a full size one
Thanks so much for the info🥰