Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Heart palpitations and pounding heart ❤  (Read 705 times)

Unicorn

Heart palpitations and pounding heart ❤
« on: March 26, 2022, 05:04:24 PM »

Hi all, I'm so sorry, it's me again 😔

Im 48 and p ust wondering, i have been suffering from terrible pounding heart/palpitations for weeks now, along with hot flushed face virtually 24/7.   I don't think it was originally linked with anxiety but it's now everyday and my quality of life has been virtually zero, as it makes me feel sick and anxious now, if that makes sense.

I have been on Hrt for 17 days, Sandrena Gel and utrogestan for 4 days.  For the last 3 days they calmed a bit and I felt nearly 'normal' but today, I've had them alllll day 😪.

I was so hoping that the hrt would help, is it still too early to see if the hrt will work? I've been taking AD for about 2 years but it hasn't helped the pounding heart at all, and I had it before I changed to Sertraline about 2 years ago.

What should I do? Am I expecting too much too early? Xxx
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 06:30:30 PM by Unicorn »

Nik2502

Re: Heart palpitations and pounding heart ❤
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 05:49:00 PM »

Hi Unicorn

I was exactly the same as you last year. I ended up in hospital twice thinking I was having a heart attack - red face, irregular heartbeat, palpitations, sweating.
Turns out it was hormonal. It took about three months for it to settle.

Nik x

Unicorn

Re: Heart palpitations and pounding heart ❤
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 06:05:08 PM »

Oh wow, thank you Nik 🥰 I'm so glad you felt better xxx this gives me hope, how are you now?xxx
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 06:07:39 PM by Unicorn »