Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi 👋  (Read 967 times)

Gia5989

• First Flush
Hi 👋
« on: March 25, 2022, 05:50:17 PM »

Hi, I’m new here but have been reading along for a while.
I’m after some advice from you lovely ladies.
I’ve been having infrequent periods for coming up nearly 3 years now. They have been getting more and more irregular and lighter. I first noticed a difference to my periods in October 2019, when it was 9 weeks between a period. Been conscious of it since then. Asked for an appt with my doctor in February as they have really been light.
My doctor told me it’s because I’m in cerazette. Even though I have been on it for at least the last 10 years and always had regular periods on it.
Just to give a quick idea of my periods, but obvs not too much detail. My last proper what I would call period would be now January 2021. Then last year I had a small spotting in May and again October. And then a tiny spotting in Jan this year.
Do you think my doctor or right, or do you think I should go and ask to see someone else?
She hardly let me speak when I was on the phone and interrupted me constantly, pretty much dismissing everything I was saying.
I keep thinking maybe it’s just me overthinking things and it’s all in my head.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi 👋
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 06:03:59 PM »

It's probably peri-menopause.   :welcomemm:

What medication is that for ?

My periods waxed and waned for years.  Sometimes I would miss several months, then it would start again.  It's suggested that 12 months is a good distance between bleeds to decide if you have into menopause = last monthly period.  However, Nature being what She is occasionally throws another bleed in at 11 or even after 12 months  >:(  ::)

Some find it helps to keep a mood/food/syptom diary.  To chart progress.  Is there a GP at the Surgery with an interest in women's health?  The 1 you spoke to seems a little out of date!

Browse round.  Make notes. Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads ;-).  Ask away.

Gia5989

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 06:13:22 PM »

The cerazette is my contraceptive pill. I used to be on the combined pill until about ten years ago. They changed me onto cerazette because I kept on getting headaches when I had the 7 day break.
Just thought I’d add, they sent me for a blood test to check my levels, not sure of what, but they came back and said they were all fine. Although I’ve read on here that blood tests are really unreliable

Raykay

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 10:30:18 PM »

Hi I’m new here too 👋
Firstly I’d say you know your own body better than your gp! Your cerazette hasn’t changed in 10 years but your periods have - doesn’t seem likely to me that it’s the cerazette 🤷‍♀️
If you feel like you want to talk to a gp re: menopause/perimenopause I’d ask to speak to a different gp next time.

Gia5989

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 03:12:35 PM »

Thanks raykay.

Someone’s feel like I’m going mad and maybe it’s just me.
The doctor I saw is apparently the one we speak to about all womens health issues at my doctors, so I will have to ring and try and speak to someone else this time, that’s when I can get through.

I’m only 42 as well, so not sure if I should be doing or taking extra supplements because I’ve hardly had periods for the last 3 years.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 03:22:44 PM »

That would be considered 'early peri-menopause'.  U may find info on the Daisy web-site too.

Let us know how you get on.

Gia5989

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 03:27:09 PM »

Thank you I will have a look 😊