Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Going mad on HRT  (Read 2692 times)

Sammas

Going mad on HRT
« on: March 25, 2022, 07:45:46 AM »

I was on Everol Sequi 50 for a number of years.  Last 6 months felt more irritable and had very heavy periods with 1 to 2 week break in between.  Bloods show just low in Vit D.  Changed to Estrogel and utrogestan on doc advice.  Started taking tablets vaginally for half cycle.  A week in doc said to take them orally everyday for 25 days.  I started last Fri night.  Since then bleeding has returned, tired, had a 4 day migraine, felt sick and today keep crying as well as feeling really irritable and down.  Please could anyone give me any advice as I feel I’m cracking up! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Going mad on HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 10:29:51 AM »

Get some VitD down you every day!  Did your GP not give you a prescription  :-\

When my levels were low I was so, so tired - I would do 20 mins weeding then sit, unable to move, for 2 hours  :'(.  Once the capsules kicked in my levels evened out.

Migraines are the pits!  Apparently there is a new medication to take ?  Perhaps have a look to C if there is a UK-based support group for advice. 

:hug:

Raykay

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 11:00:35 AM »

Oh yes VitD - it’s fab! I thought I had SAD for years then I started taking vitD September-April/may - winter is so much easier with VitD

Sammas

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 01:12:28 PM »

Thank you for your replies.  I will get some Vit D today.  Spoke the the doc again and I’m going back on Everol Sequi with an extra patch of 25 estrogen.  Hope this works x

Mogster71

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 04:57:05 PM »

I was on Everol Sequi 50 for a number of years.  Last 6 months felt more irritable and had very heavy periods with 1 to 2 week break in between.  Bloods show just low in Vit D.  Changed to Estrogel and utrogestan on doc advice.  Started taking tablets vaginally for half cycle.  A week in doc said to take them orally everyday for 25 days.  I started last Fri night.  Since then bleeding has returned, tired, had a 4 day migraine, felt sick and today keep crying as well as feeling really irritable and down.  Please could anyone give me any advice as I feel I’m cracking up! X

Sammas apart from the Estrogel/Utro (been moved onto Evorel Conti) I am exactly the same...thanks for flagging up about the low Vitamin D, its worth looking into.

I too was on Evorel Sequi for about 9 months, the last few months things had started to slide and my bleeds had stepped up in frequency and heaviness. I'm the same on the conti, no relief from the headaches or bleeding plus the joy of feeling queasy and tearful alongside. GP is calling me Monday so will let you know what mine suggests... hang in there xx

Sammas

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 09:19:37 PM »

Yes let me know Mogster x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 09:21:50 PM »

Could it be,  probably, your hormones over-riding the HRT ?

Mogster71

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 07:52:13 AM »

You are probably right about own cycles coming through CLKD, although I personally aren't too sure how to handle that; I've always been very pro-HRT due to it supporting all the other aspects such as bones/heart/joints etc, I just wish I could find something that made me feel well for the majority of the time.

I seem to have really dipped on the continuous so I think I am short of oestrogen after moving away from the sequential; we all react so differently, I really hoped it was going to have a positive impact (as we all do).

You mentioned about a new treatment for migraines, do you happen to know what it's called CLKD? And how much of a difference did the Vitamin D make to you? I don't seem to be low on energy, that's one thing I am not short of lol x

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 09:43:45 AM »

Sammas I think the progesterone will be insufficient this way. When you're on the combined patch it would be better to use and extra half conti patch instead of the extra oestrogen patch.
Mogster - can you tell when you ovulate? I had similar problems on evorel because I my cycle is longer than 28 days. Now on gel/utro and start utro after I ovulate so the hrt cycle is in step with my own. If your symptoms are returning you may need a higher dose.

Mogster71

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 10:14:53 AM »

Hi Sheila

I'm so confused by everything now to be honest. Before I started any of this I could definitely tell, I would get distinct "mittelschmertz" mid cycle so I knew it was happening. I never had problematic periods and when I think back, I do recall having the odd week where I had a headache for days but nothing regular. I took Microgynon throughout my 20s and till about 35 (which is levenogestrel). When I first started HRT 2/3 years ago smack bang in the middle of the shortages, there wasn't anything sequential available with that progestogen. I think Femseven is now though.

Now I get the pains but I don't bleed, then I bleed when I am not supposed to, so I have no idea what's going on. I know many women like to get rid of the bleeds but they don't bother me if I know when it's roughly going to happen.. so on sequi I was bleeding a week earlier than the progesterone finished, and on the conti I bled 2 weeks into starting, then a month later. I've had 2 scans and all was ok, the last one in December.

If I'm ovulating though, that would mean I'm still peri rather than post? I tried patch and Utro before, not good for me xx

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 09:40:37 PM »

I think it's more likely you're peri. If the only hormones are the hrt ones you wouldn't bleed til prog withdrawal. The most likely scenario is that you're own supply of prog has triggered it. Have you tried starting again with day 1 as the first day of your bleed? You might get the cycles back in step.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 09:55:19 PM »

Sorry can't remember where I read about the new treatment, I'll need to trawl through my PMs to friends which will take time.

VitD can help us feel well .  It got me back onto my feet.

Mogster71

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2022, 01:22:20 PM »

I think it's more likely you're peri. If the only hormones are the hrt ones you wouldn't bleed til prog withdrawal. The most likely scenario is that you're own supply of prog has triggered it. Have you tried starting again with day 1 as the first day of your bleed? You might get the cycles back in step.

Thanks Sheila, I might try this as it makes perfect sense... I will have to speak to the doctor tomorrow about it as I think I'm  probably best going back onto Sequi anyway. I feel sick and dizzy almost every day on this, I can only think it's the reduction in oestrogen. Perhaps the boost in the first 2 weeks was enough to see me through the progesterone bit before. Ugh. Hormones!! Thank you xx

Sammas

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2022, 08:40:26 PM »

Update.  I got my blood tests sent to me and the Vit  D was in a category saying some people might benefit from more.  The iron that they never even mentioned on the phone was supposed to be between 10 and 440 and mine is 8.  X

Sammas

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2022, 08:43:39 PM »

Sheila 99, why do you think the progesterone would be too low? I’m confused between symptoms of high/low estrogen/ progesterone x
Pages: [1] 2