Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does this get better??  (Read 947 times)

Vicky81

Does this get better??
« on: March 20, 2022, 09:39:24 AM »

Hi all need to let off steam ...

I'm sat here in floods as I write this. Just been out for a jog and started to cry on the street...luckily not far from my flat door.

I came on on Friday (even though now no blood on my pad much at all if snything)

I'm 4 weeks this Tuesday on oestrgel 4 pumps.

Does all this get any better as I'm so depressed today ... just said to my partner in tears "I've just got nothing in life to look forward to, I even hate waking up"

Hope someone can put me right...

Love vicky xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Does this get better??
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 09:56:46 AM »

Oh Vicky, I am sending you a virtual hug. I am so sorry you are feeling so low. Yes, it will get better. You are going through all sorts of changes and it is a lot for your body to take on. It it natural to feel sad and emotional. Please be kind to yourself. 4 weeks is still early in terms of HRT. It can take longer to feel the benefits.

mandss

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 09:57:48 AM »

Oh hun, sorry to read this.......Yes it will get better, it does take time tho!
Some times just admitting that you are not ok feels so good..rather than trying to be brave 24/7.
Keep talking to us girls, we are all here for each other. I am off to work now, so take care and hope you have a nice day xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 10:03:40 AM »

Hi  Vicky! You'll get through this, one day at a time xxx I can't give you much advice as I am going through the same kind of thing, but take it one day at a time xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 10:07:09 AM »

It can take over can't it  :'(.   Even now I don't look further than half a day at a time.  My anxiety is rising due to having to go away on Friday  :-\ otherwise I'm much better.  Spontaneous and I have no problems.

Nik2502

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 10:08:24 AM »

Hi lovely

I’ve been like you for weeks now but today, for the first time, I haven’t woken up and cried straight away. It’s only a small victory but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Your own hormones may be kicking in too which never helps.
As the other ladies here say we are all here to support each other and they give some amazing advice. I hope you feel better as the day goes on!

Nicola x

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 10:20:59 AM »

Big thanks to all so far for getting back to me ....still crying on the bed ..

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 10:28:45 AM »

Some people find crying helpful. It can be soothing and a release. Allow yourself to cry and rest. Maybe a day in bed is just what you need today. :)

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 10:38:55 AM »

Thank you so much....yeah just going to do my nails ...once I've stopped crying. Its just very this way fir a long time now (before I knew this was peri as no GP picked up on it), so I haven't had a social life since last September xx

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 10:42:02 AM »

Mandsss- sent you a private message

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2022, 11:34:59 AM »

If Nature didn't intend us to cry, She wouldn't have given us feelings.  Due to the meds I take I can't cry.   :-\. Get it out of your system.  The night B4 a bleed I would sob, even if a period wan't due.  HORMONES  :bang: :bang: :bang:  ::).  If you can sit in the sun to top up VitD levels, get out there but you'll need a coat, hat, gloves and hot chocolate ;-)

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »

Aww thanks CLKD.

I tried a run but got teary .

I hate hormones so much

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 11:57:20 AM »

I hope you feel better after doing your nails. Maybe a nice cheery colour will help. I have a pale blue on mine currently.  :)

Vicky81

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2022, 12:36:53 PM »

Thanks flossie xxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 01:21:55 PM »

Hi Vicky

Just to say im so sorry about the way your feeling. IT WILL GET BETTER.
But that’s no use at all when your feeling like you do, but believe me, it will ease.
Being in peri is terrible as your own body is still making its own hormones, so you will feel up and down.
Keep going, take one day at a time, it’s hard, but hang on in there. Your doing great. xx
Pages: [1] 2