Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Different/less side effects with different oestrogen delivery  (Read 670 times)

Lcgbw

Hi lovely ladies,
I wonder if any of you have any advice for me re side effects from different types of hrt.
I’m struggling to find a way to get my levels up without having to reduce again due to side effects.
I’ve been on hrt for 3 years (I’m 58) and have yet to find any sort of balance still.

I am currently using estrodot 1x 37.5 and 1 x 25 = 62.5) and occasional  utrogestan  ( with regular ultrasound)
My oestrogen level is currently 160 and I’m feeling really flat and fatigued but no flushes or dryness etc.
I feel much better mentally and energy wise on 75 but suffer VERY sore breasts, bloating and weight gain which after a few months get pretty intolerable. My level of oestrogen went up to 260 in this regimen after 3 months but the side effects got worse and worse. I also find  that utro exasperates this.
I have tried oestrogel in the past, 2 pumps not enough and 3 tipped me over to the same side effects!
My question is has anyone else found this and has found a solution in a different patch/spray/gel that has helped to increase levels without the side effects.
I’m feeling pretty desperate at the moment as I’ve also been suffering with post viral fatigue/long covid for the past year and it’s getting really hard to distinguish between that and menopause!
I feel that if I can get my hrt right I’d be feeling much better!
Any help or advice would be so welcome.
xx

Flamingo

Re: Different/less side effects with different oestrogen delivery
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 06:10:18 PM »

I’m on Femoston 2/10, i was on 75mg patch.  I’m finding the femoston not enough estrogen for me and the progesterone is great no side effects!  I’m going back to the patch but it might suit you if you don’t need quite so much E :)

Lcgbw

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 02:09:12 PM »

Hi,
That’s the problem really, I need more oestrogen as my levels are low and have symptoms. I’d like more oestrogen without the side effects I’ve found on estrodot 75/ or gel :-/
Sounds impossible I know!
Just wondering if anyone found a different patch caused less side effects…….
Xx

Dawnp

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 02:32:56 PM »

I don’t have any personal experience of it but the only other delivery method I’m aware of (other than gel, tablet or patch) is the  Lenzetto spray.
Hopefully others will talk about that one.
If two pumps of gel were too little, and three were too much, could you try two and a half? Or the patches with another half pump of gel? Might be worth a try. It’s tricky to balance I know!