Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogen levels “normal” but still have symptoms of VA  (Read 1607 times)

Louise2010

Re: Oestrogen levels “normal” but still have symptoms of VA
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2022, 07:55:13 AM »

CLKD he is registered with BMS and apparently has “extensive menopause knowledge” which is worrying. I guess you’re going to get all sorts as members and ultimately they can do what they want if they don’t want to update themselves with the new info.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2022, 10:02:27 AM »

That is simply awful! 

Is there another Menopause Clinic that you could visit?  Or post your query to Dr Currie on the Forum, for which there is a fee.

Louise2010

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2022, 08:33:20 PM »

Hi CLKD I have written to Dr Currie and waiting for a reply but I’m sure she’s inundated! Will let you know how I get on tomorrow with GP.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2022, 10:02:24 PM »

MayB have a list to chat about. 

Louise2010

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2022, 02:56:11 PM »

Quick up date I’ve just spoken to the GP who is going to prescribe me vagifem and then see how I go with that. She wouldn’t give me the Ovestin as well at the moment but can revisit it at a later date. She was really sympathetic & thank fully acted on her own opinions and not that of the surgeon!
Notes really helped CKLD. So  feeling a bit more positive about sorting myself out now.
Thank you to all you ladies who commented, your support & suggestions made a big difference to me in dealing with this. ❤️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2022, 03:37:57 PM »

Quick up date I’ve just spoken to the GP who is going to prescribe me vagifem and then see how I go with that. She wouldn’t give me the Ovestin as well at the moment but can revisit it at a later date. She was really sympathetic & thank fully acted on her own opinions and not that of the surgeon!
Notes really helped CKLD. So  feeling a bit more positive about sorting myself out now.
Thank you to all you ladies who commented, your support & suggestions made a big difference to me in dealing with this. ❤️

I am so pleased to hear this! I think the vagifem will help you a lot. Hopefully the GP will be more willing to give you ovestin at a later date.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2022, 04:06:57 PM »

It shouldn't be this difficult though  :-\

Get that 'vagifem' up there ;-).  Every night until you feel comfortable. Some require 2 pessaries at once when symptoms are bad, with 'ovestin' I will add an extra dose in the afternoon and another at night after my bath.  Taking 'nurofen' 2 capsules x 3 if the need2P aggravates eases those feelings.

If your GP isn't OK with adding 'ovestin' for the outer labia mayB look at the 'sylc' and 'yes' websites.  Make notes ;-). And  :medal: 4 the GP.

Gracie

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2022, 04:30:08 PM »

I use Vagifem and Ovestin. My tube of Ovestin lasted me 5 months, in fact there is still some left in the tube. I use just a small amount on the outside.
I did ask for a new prescription but didn't hear anything from the surgery, I really couldn't be bothered to fill in another E-Consult form and as Ovestin was lasting for such a long time I decided to buy it from Superdrug online.  It is expensive but worth not having all the hassle and the service was amazing. It was also quite liberating taking control of my own meds because I know what I need to treat VA.

Vagifem I will continue to get on my repeat prescription from the doctors, thank goodness, so damn expensive!!!
Pages: 1 [2]