Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT advice  (Read 868 times)

Dee100

• First Flush
HRT advice
« on: March 16, 2022, 12:44:42 AM »

Ok, so spoke to my doctor....ended up in tears...but nothing new there. She has put me on HRT patches, been on them a week....how long to they generally take to kick in....this night sweats are killing me and i am averaging about 3 hours sleep at most a night. Am absolutely exhausted, but am just so uncomfortable at night and just can't sleep. Any advice appreciated  x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT advice
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 07:30:25 AM »

Morning. Disturbed sleep can be wearisome, that hung over feeling and the worry that we won't be able to cope with commitments is quite common when flushes wake us.  Fortunately I haven't suffered. 

HRT can take 3-6 months B4 benefit is felt.  Some find that having a cooling fan on in the bedroom or a 'chillo' pillow useful. 

If you are able, then sleep in the day or evening.  If that means having a blanket on the sofa then make use of it. 

Dee100

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 11:30:34 AM »

Thank you for reply...I suppose I was just hoping in my mind it would be overnight cure lol. Yeah tried fan, window open etc...but suffer extreme heat...then extreme cold...so seemed to be up more opening and shutting window...or turning fan on and off. Will just stick with it. Thank you for reply xx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 11:46:47 AM »

Hi which patches has the doctor given you ?

It can take 3 months to see any benefits , but you should hopefully see some benefits before this . x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 12:35:47 PM »

Hi. Hot flushes/sweats are often the first symptom to go when using patches or gel. Mine disappeared within 48 hours but as Dotty says it takes up to three months to receive full benefit.

Which patches are you using and are they sticking well? The hormones are contained in the adhesive so if you don't get good sticking then you won't receive the correct amount of hormone.

Taz x 

Dee100

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 04:20:03 PM »

Am on the Everol conti.

I think they are sticking well...have been putting them on my thigh and it takes some getting off when I change it.

Sometimes I actually feel like I am going to burst into flames  :'( xx

Dawnp

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »

It will definitely be too early to say yet but they always put you on the lowest dose to start with so you can ask for a higher dose of it doesn’t start to work for you in the next few weeks. They always say three months but from what I’ve generally seen most women start to respond much more quickly than that.

Dee100

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 12:34:07 AM »

Thank you for advice xx