Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Still Sore and Non Stop Weeing (recurring UTI thread)  (Read 711 times)

Pixielilac

Still Sore and Non Stop Weeing (recurring UTI thread)
« on: March 02, 2022, 05:35:53 PM »

So after some great advice on here I asked to be put back on estriol which my half wit doctor took me off a few years ago after being diagnised with VA.
I have had recurring UTI’s, the latest has been going on for a month on and off. I say on and off as I get antibiotics, it eases, antibiotics finish, it comes back.
Just finished a 10 day course, a 7 day then a 3 day course. I always get thrush after antibiotics so treated that and I still have itchy sore area with white bits, it’s not the estriol cream, I had this before I started the estriol again Monday.
I know with VA it takes time for symptoms  to improve, but is there anything I can do to help myself, vitamins, natural treatments, anything?
I am having to take time off work, my sick record is not good due to all the UTU’s I get and having time off.
I spoke to docs today and queried how can previous wee test be ‘borderline’ so they want another wee test and a vaginal swab which I have done.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Still Sore and Non Stop Weeing (recurring UTI thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »

Nope other than using appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment.

They probably haven't been urine infections and your GP has been remiss in prescribing so many ABs without referring you to a urology clinic  >:(  :bang:

Borderline - no such thing!!! as I stated previously.  Don't do another sample and what are they looking for on a swab  :-\

Get the appropriate treatment up there, if necessary two doses tomorrow.  In the meant time, take pain relief: I use 'nurofen', 2 capsules 3 times a day until symptoms ease.  Nothing else will help, as it's a loss of oestrogen = dryness.  I could give your GP a  :kick: :poke2:.

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 05:47:40 PM »

I would suggest that you keep to your original thread so that you don't 'get lost' !!! another thread can become confusing for others who may then stop reading. I would also change my GP surgery if possible. 

Pixielilac

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 11:46:07 PM »

Moved to original thread.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 09:22:07 AM »

I saw and copied my reply from here  ;)