Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Random body aches in peri  (Read 859 times)

Tootsie78

Random body aches in peri
« on: February 23, 2022, 03:17:58 PM »

Hi

Over the last few years I’ve experienced a multitude of aches and twinges that send my anxiety into overdrive.

I started getting thigh aches during periods, they’ve now subsided. Lower back pain seems cyclical. Random shoulder/upper back aches that come and go. Sometimes tiny sharp chest pain around PMS time that I put down to anxiety as it always disappears.

The only pain I am sure of is my menstrual migraines that are horrid but I know what they are and therefore they don’t freak me out.

This week’s ‘ache of the week’ is upper stomach dullness - kind of tender, no sharp pains but a feeling of fullness/muscle ache as if I’d done 1000 sit-ups…..! (I haven’t!)

My period is due any day (down to 24 day cycle and quite light) and normally I’d have lower abdomen bloating or pain if anything, but this time it’s definitely a higher-up sensation.

Anyone else felt the same?? I go from ‘must ring doctor’ to ‘I’m feeling ok, it’s no doubt sluggish digestion and poor posture’….

Thanks!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Random body aches in peri
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 04:34:56 PM »

It can be hormones certainly.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  There are several threads about aches and pains this week  >:(

You have reminded me of the pains in my thighs pre-periods as well as a heavy feeling in my bottom, like it would all fall out  :o

Do your symptoms go once the period starts!

Tootsie78

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 07:07:10 PM »

Yes, after I posted I saw there had been a few people experiencing similar. It’s when the aches appear in locations never normally a problem! That’s the worst.

This is the first time with the upper abdominal bloating soreness so will see what happens when it starts.

Keep meaning to respond to the thread mentioning coccyx pain as that was a new one last month!  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 09:40:56 PM »

That hurts.  Mine can be sore occasionally following an injury when I was 13.  I had to sit on a cushion.  Sometimes if I have slow transit it hurts  :-\

TLW05

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 06:05:22 PM »

Sorry no advice really and probably best to see a doctor if you are worried.  I got fed up asking my GP (always just run blood tests that were always fine), ironically this where I feel lucky to have an oncologist (breast cancer about 9 years) ago to discuss it with and she is confident it is down to peri.  All I can say is I can sympathise, and you definitely not alone.  I would say it is in my top five ;D worst symptoms.  When I post about this someone did recommend Qi Gong exercises.