Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 668 times)

Welshmum

• First Flush
Confused
« on: February 21, 2022, 11:55:34 AM »

Good morning everyone. I'm Lisa age 50 and I've just joined to hopefully understand all of this.  I'm perimenopause and not sure about anything anymore. My mum/nan sailed through menopause with no problems. We'll I think they did. No longer with us so noonr really to discuss things with. I've had irregular periods since 2018 . Everything from heavy to light. Early and late. Mood swings, emotional, very low libido, cramps, not sleeping from around 2am. No flushes and nowhere near as bad as people I've read about so do feel quite lucky. I have breast cancer in my family, nan and aunts so didn't think I should try hrt. But as sometimes I can go all day and no speak due to low mood I rang the drs. Had a telephone appointment and all went well. Told him everything and he said he'd prescribe patches and tablets. So I was feeling happier just after the conversation with him. Wasn't really told what to do so picked up prescription and that evening put on a everol 50 patch and before bed took 2 utrogestan 100mg as was told. I was due on 2 days previous to this but was late. I've been doing the paatches/tablets for almost 2 weeks. I started to bleed 2 days ago whilst taking the tablets. I'm sure Dr said take 14 days then stop 14 days and you will bleed when not taking them. But now I'm bleeding. Its not as heavy as normal but  period. Is this normal? Also I feel lower than I normally do right now. If I could sit in my bedroom all day/night I'd be happy but obviously can't. I know it can take a while to start working. I also have sore boobs and sore legs. I was taking evening primrose oil but stopped when I started the hrt but I've started them again to see if I feel less emotional and boob soreness. I do think they helped whilst I was taking them. This is all very confusing right now. I've had no bloodtests but am due for some this week to test thyroid is ok. I don't know anybody that is on hrt so can't discuss this with anyone unfortunately. Did I start at the right time? Also does it make you feel worse before better? Thanks for reading.