Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Waking in night feeling very sad and down  (Read 735 times)

Hopeful

Waking in night feeling very sad and down
« on: February 20, 2022, 03:50:25 PM »

Hi Ladies
I am finding that some nights I wake up around 3 with a light night sweat and feeling very unhappy. I then dose with very miserable dreams. It makes the next day sad as well.
Am on oestrogel 2 pumps just increasing to 2 1/2 last 3 days ( xtra half pump in early eve)but this has happened on and off for several weeks. Also on utro 100g conti as am post meno.
Any thoughts why this might be.
Thank you

Nik2502

Re: Waking in night feeling very sad and down
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 04:33:49 PM »

Hi hopeful
I don’t know why it happens but I’m the same. I woke up having a panic attack this morning  :'(
Could you try the extra pump in the morning? X

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 04:56:38 PM »

3 to 4am is when the body's cortisol is highest and very often why people who are anxious or stressed wake at this time. Been there! Cortisol and other hormones are closely linked so it might be things are unbalanced or you may have stuff going on that is impacting? What helped me was not looking at phone etc etc, not caring about the time and if needed putting a sleep meditation on and invariably I'd be off back to sleep.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 05:18:15 PM »

Yep.  Been there in the early hours.  I have busy, involved, long dreams which leave me knackered  >:(

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 08:39:47 PM »

Was this a meno symptom that's returning? If so the gel increase is a good move. My meno symptoms were anxiety and insomnia, got to sleep fine than awoke at 3am worrying, no chance of going back to sleep again. Seems to be a similar pattern to yours.

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 02:57:16 PM »

Thank you all for your replies, it’s good to know I’m not alone in this. I do have other things going on at the moment which I think are making things worse.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2022, 02:57:54 PM »

Would making a list help focus your daily schedule?  I make mine the evening B4!