Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Symptoms postmenopause  (Read 2384 times)

Fluffykat73

• First Flush
Symptoms postmenopause
« on: February 14, 2022, 08:58:10 AM »

In 2016 I had pelvic radiotherapy due to cancer.  I immediately became postmenopausal.  Since that time I have suffered no symptoms of menopause.............until recently.

Mid January I randomly started bleeding.  I contacted my doctor, and because of my history was immediately referred to gyn. I have had an MRI scan for which, as of today, I am waiting for the results.  The bleeding lasted about a week and then stopped.

But also, since the bleeding, I have started suffering from hot flushes.  It kind of feels like I'm experiencing menopause backwards!

Just wondering if anybody else, after nearly 6 years of no symptoms, they then suddenly did! 

Aprilflower

Re: Symptoms postmenopause
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 11:04:12 AM »

Some women have reported bleeding, post meno, after the Covid Vaccination.  Did yours happen after the jab?

Apparently it is only a temporary issue.  Good luck with your scan.

Aprilflower

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 12:00:01 PM »

Hi symptoms can start or get worse at any time as your own oestrogen reserves drop x

Fluffykat73

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 12:08:35 PM »

The bleeding started pretty much a month after I had the Moderna booster jab.

When I mentioned this to the consultant he adamantly denied it was anything to do with it.

It's a real shock to have symptoms after so long   :)

Dada39

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 09:35:43 AM »

Hi There,

I am surgical menauposal, I Had axiety and mild insomnia since 2020. Since I had my booster Pfizer vaccin, I have hot flashes and sweat at nigth and insomnia is worth. I am not on hrt (couldnt bear it, sides effects)

I hope theses symptoms will disapear!

KTH

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 11:01:26 AM »

Hi, it's interesting to read of symptoms returning post-vaccine and post-booster.  I had my second vaccine and then started to get night sweats and hot flushes which have carried on, along with achy ovaries.

Since having my booster I have had an increase in migraines which had all but disappeared.  This is along with the regular 3am wakeups, huge health anxiety (mainly over the headaches and convincing myself I've got something awful).  I had a terrible spate of health anxiety some 6 years ago which culminated in me having CBT and being put on Sertraline for some months, and I feel as if I'm back in the same place.

All this at 59 and nearly 8 years post-menopause  :(  Never mind, it'll be fine (hopefully).

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 09:09:02 AM »

Hi KTH

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. Have you thought of HRT? Sertraline and other ADs are not the first line of treatment for symptoms caused by menopause including anxiety. I presume you have had the ongoing headaches investigated, if their incidence has increased - and this will surely help to put your mind at rest?

I hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

KTH

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 09:54:04 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Hurdity.  The headaches come and go, so I'm fairly confident that nothing too much is amiss (that's when HA hasn't got a grip in the early hours of the morning that is).  I've got a lot going on mentally, work and such like which is definitely contributing.

're the Sertraline I did discuss this with my GP and was very hesitant but he felt that I was in such a state it was the best thing for me in the short term. I only had them for 6 months and they did help, but I came off them as soon as I could.

I'm keeping a watching brief and will definitely try and see my GP if it carries on