Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Fsh levels?  (Read 699 times)

Borrington

• First Flush
Fsh levels?
« on: February 11, 2022, 10:43:40 AM »

Hi ladies , I’m new to this forum
 Would just like to ask is an fsh of 15.2
(follicular stage) mean I’m in Perimenopause ?

The labs ranges were as follows:-
Follicular (3.5-12.5)
Mid cycle (4.7-21.5)
Luteal (1.7-7.7)
Post meno (25.8-134.8)
Thanks
Tina

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fsh levels?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »

:welcomemm:

Hopefully someone will be along to answer your query.  Peri-menopause can begin 10 years prior to the final bleed.  Menopause = the last monthly period.  We tend to think that 2 years without a natural bleed means that we are through ! Symptoms however  ::)

How old are you?  How are your periods behaving?  Mine waxed and waned for several years B4 disappearing.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Browse round. 

Borrington

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 02:47:29 PM »

Hi and thanks for your reply , iam 47
I have a period every month but it only lasts for a day .. occasionally two days
I have night sweats every month around my period time , bad mood swings and anxiety
Thanks
Tina

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 02:50:32 PM »

MayB try eating every 3 hours, which can help ease any anxiety surges.  Grazing can be useful at 'this time of Life'. 

Borrington

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 03:54:16 PM »

Thanks
Il try that
Tina  :) :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 04:46:48 PM »

Hi Borrington

:welcomemm: from me too.

Looks like your FSH is within range for normal menstrual cycle but levels vary a lot. You can see from the ref range that it depends when in your cycle the bloods were taken?

The fact that your periods are regular albeit light - indicates that you are probably not yet peri-menopausal which is defined medically as occurring when there is at least a 7 day difference in cycle length between periods. However leading up to that time hormones do begin to go awry and there are hormonal changes - so looks you're probably on the way! Night sweats are also an indication.

If you are bothered by your symptoms and want to treat them then as you are only 47 there is a contraceptive pill which contains the same oestrogen as in HRT which will add oestrogen but regulate the cycle so hopefully lessen the symptoms as your hormones start to fluctuate more and you enter peri-menopause. The two types are called Qlaira and Zoely.

(CLKD it's one year without a natural bleed which counts as through menopause though women may well ovulate after this time has elapsed. The time is set conservatively to ensure that potential cases of endometrial cancer etc are not missed.)

Hurdity x

Borrington

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 02:26:58 PM »

Hi Hurdity
Thankyou for your reply
Unfortunately I cannot take contraceptive pills as they contain progestins ( synthetic  form of progesterone) which iam intolerant too

Thanks
Tina