Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Seeing HRT nurse today  (Read 1594 times)

Pennyfarthing

Seeing HRT nurse today
« on: February 10, 2022, 09:09:09 AM »

Have an appointment later this morning.

I have been on HRT for many years and it always suited me really well.Stopped all the dreadful night sweats, helped with mood swings, felt physically better and had more energy. I am sure it also helped to keep my hair thick and glossy.  The hairdresser always used to say that my hair was in beautiful condition.

Over the years the nurse has reduced the doseage and I am now on the lowest Kliovance possible.
She did say see how you go and come back if you need to.  Well I think I need the doseage back up to where it was last time because I don’t feel right in myself and I have lost all energy and my hair is SO thin now.

Fingers crossed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Seeing HRT nurse today
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 09:17:41 AM »

Good luck.  Take a list to discuss and put forwards how you feel less than well, also that your hair has problems.  Lay it on a bit ;-)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 10:04:14 AM »

Good luck.  Take a list to discuss and put forwards how you feel less than well, also that your hair has problems.  Lay it on a bit ;-)

Thanks.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 12:07:07 PM »

She can’t prescribe but is going to ask the Dr to do so although she thinks I would be better on patches as they do not affect your liver so much.  I said I wanted the dose upped and she said she would ask. They took me off patches in 2018 because they couldn’t source them.  She also said try them for 3 months and if they are not enough to go back.  3 months is a long time if you don’t feel yourself though!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 02:34:32 PM »

Could you go to a menopause clinic? 

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 02:06:14 PM »

How did U get on?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 09:05:34 PM »

I have emailed the surgery today because the HRT nurse said she or a Doctor would contact me early this week. Heard nothing from either. Got message today saying the Doctor is not in this week and will contact me next week.

She’s not my GP so any GP would have done. There are about 20 in the practice!  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 09:16:55 PM »

Sounds like the message wasn't passed on  :-\