Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Is there still a Oestrogel shortage where you are? Feb 2022.  (Read 14237 times)

Poppy61

Re: Is there still a Oestrogel shortage where you are? Feb 2022.
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2022, 10:43:50 PM »

I've requested Sandrena gel sachet instead of oestrogel, as no pharmacy able to supply Oestrogel in West Sussex Town. I may stick with them, as easier to transport and still able to adjust the dose. I requested 0.5 and 1 mg for ease of adjustment and believe that 0.75 sandrena is equal to 1 pump Oestrogel. Good luck with finding what you need.

Dotty

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2022, 07:40:05 AM »

I got 4 bottles this week from a local pharmacy.

Besins have said there have been deliveries this week. x

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2022, 09:22:17 AM »

I got two bottles yesterday from my designated pharmacy (independent) - the second half of my last prescription. They had a delivery on Tuesday.

Jane_w

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2022, 10:05:26 AM »

I'm still waiting for the other half of a 6 bottle prescription from nearly a month ago (SE London)... no joy so far at my local indie pharmacy. They are doing their best though and have said they will put aside the 'owing' bottles when it does arrive, but lots of ladies in the same position. Thinking I may need to swap out for Sandrena eventually too if the situation is still precarious when I need to get next script... its just too tedious and added stress!

Gnatty

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2022, 03:14:35 PM »

Just had my 3 bottles posted out from the online pharmacy. My GP emails the prescription directly to them.

Hopeful

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2022, 06:42:46 PM »

I now have my prescription of oestrogel, but I had to use the boots stock checker then get my prescription released from my usual pharmacy so that it could be picked up by the boots branch.
Both pharmacies were really helpful, my own said they had no idea when they might get a delivery.
I wonder if boots has a special deal with besins as they seem to be able to get stock?

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2022, 10:28:40 AM »

Not sure, I've struggled with supply from Boots as well, when my indie pharmacy couldn't get anything. Boots eventually came through because they were able to ring round all their other local branches.
Saying that, local indie pharmacy (Yorkshire) just gave me my next four-bottle prescription, so it seems as though supply issues may be improving? I feel less stressed about it now I have enough in the house to last a couple of months as well.

NickyLD

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2022, 11:19:55 AM »

I can’t get any either and the alternative Sandrena is now out of stock too! I’ve been waiting two weeks already

Jane_w

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2022, 12:51:22 PM »

Still waiting for the other half of my prescription from a month ago. Think I'm going to have to ask for the script so I can look elsewhere. Really a cr#p situation all round..

arc73

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2022, 06:17:56 PM »

Was unable to get Oestrogel, or alternatives Sandrena/Lenzetto from any of my 5 local pharmacies tonight

Louise2010

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2022, 08:34:43 PM »

I contacted the British Menopause Society to see if there was any update from Besins about supply issues, when it would be sorted etc. This is the reply they sent me apparently from Besins. Nothing really new or concrete sadly.🙄

Besins Healthcare (UK) Ltd has seen an exceptionally high demand for Oestrogel over recent months and in order to meet this demand our safety stocks have become depleted. This means that all
new weekly deliveries into the country are being used immediately to fulfil current orders.

While we continue supplying Oestrogel to try and meet current demand and work to replenish our
safety stock, some retail pharmacies may report Oestrogel as out of stock at their local
wholesaler. We expect this should be a short-term issue and supplies would normally flow through to local wholesaler branches from the following weeks delivery.

Besin Healthcare is actually aware of the concerns that women will have if they are unable to fulfil their Oestrogel prescription, and we are doing everything we can to manage, increase and expedite supplies to retail pharmacies across the country through the wholesalers.

Turkish delight

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2022, 07:38:55 PM »

This is getting ridiculous and infuriating. No one can benefit from us not having the hrt we rely on and need. Besins should at least give a real lead time for this "Temporary" blip, showing how they recognize how badly this affects our physical and mental health and gives them a date to shoot for and be held accountable to. I think Besins trotting out the same statement for months now is just a massive joke.

Lousie Newson on This Morning TV show also played it down saying it's just a temp thing. It will have affected every woman on Oestrogel by the time this so-called temporary cock up is sorted out.

Still can't get a steady supply myself, and don't see the point in changing when the shortage will move to the alternatives and has done bcz of their increased demand.

TD
:boobs:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 10:14:50 AM by Turkish delight »

Ambergirl

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2022, 02:33:15 PM »

I have been having allergic red patches on Evoril Conti and was given a prescription for Estradiol gel and tablets. Went to my pharmacy to collect and they had only the tablets but said I could take because they had no supply of the gel. As I pointed out to the male pharmacist one half of the prescription is no good. Honestly, if men had to rely on something like this would it ever go out of stock?!
Still putting on the patches as I have a couple of weeks left but don't know what to do with the script they have given me as all pharmacies in a 30 mile radius have no stock. >:(

VictoryV

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2022, 12:45:47 PM »

My prescription has just arrived, the parcel was far smaller, it looked like It was just Utrogestan tablets. It’s Premarin 1.25 pills! I’ve never taken estrogen pills and usually take 3 pumps of Oestrogel. Does anybody know if Premarin 1.25 is equivalent of 3 gel pumps please?

Uptick

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2022, 01:58:17 PM »

Hi VictoriaV, the dose seems okay, but is Premarin the only available oestrogen to replace Oestrogel? There must be better options.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7