Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Medichecks blood tests feedback sending me over the edge  (Read 3288 times)

CrispyChick

Re: Medichecks blood tests feedback sending me over the edge
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 11:58:35 AM »

Thanks gilla.

I'll make a note not to sprrad on my arm for a few weeks before my bloods, and stick to venous. Thanks for that tip. My doctor had warned me about finger orivk ones, bug you kind of assume you'll manage  ;D.

I was looking at medichecks as an alternative to my clinic offering, but by the time I've combined all the tests and added on my £30, there's not much in it.  >:(

Kathleen - medichecks allow me to use my local superdrug as a phlebotomist service too. 👍. It was very easy. Can book my day avd time online.

I was hoping to get some update bloods through my Gp, but, to be honest, i'm feeling dreadful, so can't face the 'fight' and having to get them on a certain day and time just seems unobtainable. I'll just pay.  ::)

laszla

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 03:13:45 PM »

Thanks for your additional input - Kathleen, good tip re not using HRT 24 hours before test. You were asking about venous sample, I'm going to a lab in London which I chose because no appointment is needed unlike Superdrug, they take the blood and pass on info to medichecks. They did not post me a kit perhaps because I'm having the sample done at the lab.
Crispychick - I too wondered about possible contamination even with venous - I put the gel on upper arm down to about elbow so even with an ER type scrub I imagine there's still scope for some residue.
Gilla, it is annoying that no test covers estrogen, progesterone and T but for me the estrogen Testosterone and SHBG are more important than progesterone so I opted for the normal female hormone test. Unfortunately I did not uncheck the box that includes doctor's comments, a pity.
I was all set to go today but will wait because small print says to suspend biotin supplements for at least 2 days as these affect readings (especially thyroid) - I take a multivitamin daily that includes biotin, bear this in mind ladies in case any of you take biotin

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2022, 04:32:46 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Gilla999, CrispyChick and Laszla - Many thanks for all the information about Medichecks and blood tests. I will definitely be looking into using them in the future.

Wishing you all well.

K.
Pages: 1 [2]