Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bathing and patches  (Read 848 times)

Clarella

Bathing and patches
« on: February 06, 2022, 09:20:00 AM »

Hello, I’ve been in estrodot for a few months, waiting for review.

A meno Facebook group talk about patches “dumping” when you have a hot Bath, letting more oestrogen go than they should at once.

Elsewhere there’s no issue apparently.

Does anyone know if this is true or a rumour?

Amazing grace

Re: Bathing and patches
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 12:50:09 PM »

Hi clarella, in my experience this is true, I was on patches for 3 years,  I knew something wasn't right, I was getting awful symptoms, very dizzy, headaches and an overwhelming jittery feeling,  various doses and patches but same issue I actually only heard of patch dumping on another website, (hystersisters) the problem is I enjoy hot baths, I also like hot tubs and sunbathing, none of which are suitable if you use a patch on the leaflet that comes with them it tells you too avoid those activities, I think warm baths are OK, but who wants a warm bath, and not exposing the patch directly to sunlight but I think body temperature can affect absorption, I gave up and went to gel, no dumping, no peeling off, no patch stuck to my hip leaving ugly glue behind, works better for me in that sense, still trying to find the perfect balance if it even exists, but everyone is different, and will have a different view on the dumping theory, lots of ladies use patches and love them, I guess it's how you personally get on with it.

Amazing grace

Re: Bathing and patches
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 12:55:36 PM »

Ps if you type hrt patch dumping into Google, various information comes up.