Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Are inner ear issues a bi-product of hrt?  (Read 1164 times)

Postmeno3

Are inner ear issues a bi-product of hrt?
« on: February 02, 2022, 09:11:12 AM »

Hi there,
I'm just a bit concerned about what seems to be occurring only in the last two or three weeks since starting Lenzetto, but also only since I started doing yoga in that time. Whenever my head is lower than my heart, dropping over in a bend to my toes and holding that position briefly, I end up starting feeling very dizzy and light-headed, then nauseous and have to completely stop the class. There's no spinning sensation. It is pretty unpleasant and I have to sit sipping water for at least half an hour and then want to sleep, yesterday for three hours! So, it's pretty draining. I notice my upright balance is very slightly off, too, at times, just going about my normal life and I also now notice a whooshing, crackly sound like tissue paper being scrunched up in that same ear when bending over hoovering. Weird! Any thoughts? Thanks! 😊
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 06:00:45 PM by Postmeno3 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Are inner ear issues a bi-product of hrt?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 09:14:44 AM »

I would stop that position!

Dizziness can be caused by a nerve begin trapped in the back of the neck or due to peri-menopause.   This can cause narrowing of the Eustachian tubes = vertigo-like symptoms.

tambourine queen

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 07:58:44 PM »

I’ve been getting the whooshing and cracking in my ears- like Rice Krispies! I also had a really bad dizzy spell a few weeks ago during the night. The doctor thinks I had labyrinthitis and it did linger on- feeling car sick a lot of the time.

But I still have the whooshing and crackling thing! I came on here tonight to look for it!

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 10:46:43 PM »

I think it's unlikely to be lenzetto particularly if holding your head in one position brings it on. I have some inner ear damage caused by a virus years ago. Lying on my left ear often still brings it on so I find it best to avoid it. Not sure if there's any treatment for labyrinthitis but if there is I would see you gp sooner rather than later. There's nothing they can do for mine. Be thankful you only feel sick, I could be sick every 10 minutes a dozen time in a row.

Ana21

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 01:28:50 AM »

Hi Postmeno3!

That sounds like orthostatic hypotension, also called postural hypotension.  It's a form of low blood pressure that occurs during a sudden change in posture, such as standing up from a sitting or lying down position, as well as in situations like you are describing when the head rises from below the heart. 

More info:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/orthostatic-hypotension/symptoms-causes/syc-20352548

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 09:40:37 AM »

We have a thread on tinnitus somewhere.  If I lay on my ears I get the whooshing sound  >:(, a wriggle with my little finger slightly inside the ear sometimes eases it. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 03:40:30 PM »

Thanks for your replies. I've a routine appointment with the gp next week and will add this in. I met a friend yesterday who also has M.E. and she gets it, too. I'm hoping it was just, on that occasion, that I was especially fatigued and just didn't have the capacity that day. Other classes have been fine. Thanks again. 😊