Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: AnxietyReturned  (Read 884 times)

Techigirl

• First Flush
AnxietyReturned
« on: January 31, 2022, 09:55:42 PM »

Looking for any advise or suggestions..  Im on 2 pumps of oestrogel and 200mg daily (12/28) of utrogestan, which I’ve been taking for about 18 months.  My main symptom from the menopause has been anxiety, low mood and sleep disturbance and this was all doing well for a year but now the anxiety has come back and my GP has prescribed fluoxetine 20mg.  GP has never performed any blood tests to check my levels.

I do have a stressful job but then did before the menopause as well. and think my issues may be due to needing more oestrogen.  I have started the AD to try, but am wondering has anybody got any advise on whether the return of my anxiety, and sleep disturbance with now the addition of bladder control issues could be just a sign I need to increase the number of pumps of utrogestan.   I very rarely have any bleed from the cycle based utrogestan and when I do it will be for 1-2 days and very, very light flow/dark colour.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: AnxietyReturned
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 10:02:13 PM »

Hi - could you add an extra pump - perhaps tomorrow night and see how you feel?  Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary may be useful too, something to discuss with your GP?  It takes a few days for the body to take up extra HRT.  Then again at the weekend?  If you put the name of the product into the search box, you may get more info..

:welcomemm:

Give the AD time to work.  When is your worst time, for me anxiety is worse in the early morning. 

Do read the threads on vaginal atrophy.  Make notes ;-).  Irritable bladder is often a cause of a drop in oestrogen levels causing dryness.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there.  'ovestin' helps, some ladies find 'vagifem' less messy.  If you get continual need2P symptoms mayB take 2 nurofen tablets 3 times a day to ease the sphincter as it stops the flow of urine. 

Techigirl

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 10:11:05 PM »

Thanks for getting back.  The anxiety is near constant, it is made worse by stress from work or home, but even when I’m relaxed with nowhere to go the anxiety symptoms (palpitations and feeling stressed) will hit.

My bladder issues are the same and I smiled when you described razor blades as it’s exactly how I explained it to my GP.

If I add in a 3rd pump then you recommend trying that in the evening.  Does that help the oestrogen levels stay more constant or is that simply because it’s easier than keeping both your arms and legs away from things all at the same time 😂

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 12:09:44 AM »

My main symptoms were anxiety and insomnia. I've had to increase twice as symptoms returned, it isn't unusual to need more as your own production declines (started on 2, now on 4,very late peri now). On 3 pumps I did 2 in the morning and 1 at night but I don't think it matters too much how you do it.

Techigirl

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 09:08:18 AM »

Thanks Shella,

I’ll try increasing to 3 and see if that helps.  And will update here on how it’s working out.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 01:30:10 PM »

Don't up the dose all at once ;-).  It might over load the system.  Little steps.