Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Back to Square One!  (Read 870 times)

VanillaLover

Back to Square One!
« on: January 28, 2022, 09:41:26 AM »

Just finished first three months of HRT (evorel50 and cyclical utrogestan)
A couple of weeks ago I really felt like I was making progress. Not all my symptoms had gone, but I certainly felt better. I asked the GP for a patch increase a couple of weeks ago but she was unsure and referred me to a memo clinic (which will take ages I assume).

This past week (around period) I’ve been as bad as I was before I started the HRT again. Hot flushes, aches, unrefreshing sleep, dizziness have all come back.
So frustrating as I thought I was getting somewhere. Has anyone else experienced this? I am 45 nearly 46.

Thank you all

pepperminty

Re: Back to Square One!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 07:24:13 PM »

Hi, you are young and on a medium dose so you may need to increase until symptoms reduce again.

There are lots of options if you find this one doesn't work. It can take quite a while for some to get it right. Liz Earle took a year!

Peri is the worst as your hormones go up and down in the background so next month you may balance out .

Hope you feel better soon.

PMXX

VanillaLover

Re: Back to Square One!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 02:04:54 PM »

Thank you for your kind words! I am hoping to increase the patches if I can once I get referred. As you say there are also gel, spray, other makes of patches I can try too (can’t have oral HRT).

Strangely enough yesterday I felt quite a bit better….it can just flip so quickly. You are right the hormone fluctuations must be massive (they feel like they are!). I guess its unrealistic to expect HRT to smooth it all over at the moment but hopefully it will raise the baseline so the drops aren’t so huge which might help.

Xx