Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT advice  (Read 988 times)

Ambergirl

HRT advice
« on: January 23, 2022, 06:50:03 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Some advice please from the knowledgeable community. I started on Evorel Conti patches about 5 months ago and although the hot flushes have stopped I am not sure if they are doing much else.
Still lots of aches/pains and vagina is feeling both sore and swollen weirdly.  I am also getting nasty rashes from the patches. What do I ask for when I see my GP? I struggle taking pills orally so would be looking for an alternative? I have read about the 'gold standard' for HRT but not sure exactly what to ask for?
Recommendations welcomed ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT advice
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 08:25:10 PM »

Hi! first thing to ask for is treatment for vaginal atrophy.  Important to begin ASAP.  Dryness is caused by a drop of oestrogen so may affect skin, deep in the ears, vagina, anus, eyes, nostrils ........ do read the 'vaginal atrophy' thread.

As oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Have U tried an over the counter pain relief?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 09:38:35 PM »

I developed an allergic reaction to evorel too. I changed to oestrogel and utrogeston and haven't had a reaction to it. This is the gold standard though not everyone gets on with utro. You need topical oestrogen for your VA, hrt often isn't enough.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 07:32:43 AM »

If you have a rash under the patch it means you are allergic to the adhesive. As the hormones are contained in the adhesive you should change to a different HRT. This should be mentioned in the information leaflet. I agree with Sheila that you also need topical oestrogen to help with your vaginal symptoms. I'm on both Evorel and vagifem.

Ambergirl

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 07:15:37 PM »

Thanks for advice. I did try vagifem last year but then my male gp said it was overkill with HRT patches too! I don't get a rash each time, it seems to depend where I put it. On the thigh seems okay but skin on buttocks seems an issue.
I will make an appointment and see what I can get prescribed, having tried the patches which have totally stopped hot flushes I now feel ready to try to get the aches/pains under control too. :)