Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awful morning adrenaline surges and anxiety  (Read 4706 times)

JoannFran

Awful morning adrenaline surges and anxiety
« on: January 20, 2022, 10:44:04 AM »

hi ladies
does anyone else get awful adrenaline surges when you wake up? I've been having them recently and it give me palpitations and triggers really bad anxiety which lasts for most of the day.
I also keep getting body zaps when I'm about to fall asleep. And an awful internal tremor feeling. I can't stand this for much longer, I'm at the end of my tether and just want to feel like me again.
I’m on the lowest dose of beta blockers for tachycardia and SVT and these were controlling the palpitations and fast heart rate but the past couple of days they’d don’t seem to be working as well.
Any advice gratefully appreciated xxx

jaypo

Re: Awful morning adrenaline surges and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 12:49:42 PM »

Hi there,all sounds meno to me,the adrenaline surges always seem worse in the morning,although I used to get the tremors through the night,plus top it all with anxiety and it doesn't paint a pretty picture does it? I had the exact same symptoms as you and fought my way through it without HRT it took a good while but I'm still occasionally getting all three symptoms,are you on HRT? Drs(some) sadly don't know much about meno and hand out ADs as a cure all but I think you should speak to your GP re HRT X

JoannFran

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 01:19:08 PM »

Thank you for your reply. Defo in perimenopause so I’m sure it’s to do with hormones. My DR is great and has given me lenzetto and Utrogestan but it literally makes my anxiety 1000 times worse. I feel physcotic on it (the estrogen part) I’m thinking my own estrogen must be high.  I’ve tried HRT a couple of times but I really think I’m just one of them women it doesn’t help. Or maybe it’s just because my own hormones are fluctuating so much? My periods are still regular and I don’t get many night sweats (maybe one a month).
Are there any natural remedies that you tried and helped? Or is it a case of grin and bare it and hope it passes soon? Xxx

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 01:49:41 PM »

Oh dear,I've tried all the herbal remedies but none worked,you are right though,your hormones will be fluctuating,some days you'll have a surge of oestrogen,then because of the HRT you're probably getting too much,I think you should try lowering it but speak to your Dr first, I know ladies on here who adjust their HRT accordingly. Have you looked at Dr Newson on YouTube? She's so informative or Dr Currie on the forum,which there is a fee. You're not alone,my anxiety was probably the worst thing during meno,didn't even want to come out of my bed but hey,we're a bunch of tough old birds and we all get through it,please speak to your GP about altering your HRT though,it is very much trial and error

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 03:51:47 PM »

Get some betablockas!  Cortisol is the waking hormone which causes those awful surges.  I would wake anytime after 3.30 a.m. absolutely terrified  :'(.  Propranolol regularly helped a lot.  I began those in 2002 and stopped in 2022. 

Could you take a break from HRT for 3-4 months? 

VanillaLover

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 11:03:36 AM »

I know where you’re coming from ! My HRT is helping the morning anxiety and other symptoms like insomnia, also having CBT which is very good. But I still sometimes have the physical symptoms of a huge adrenaline rush, which I hate and makes me feel wiped out after. This morning it was 6:30 - woke up with heart racing, eyes darting about looking for the “danger”. Sweating and feeling chilled to the bone too. Then exhausted and headache afterwards. I often get minor versions of these (night sweats) but every few weeks these big ones happen and make me feel terrible. Like I’ve run a marathon ! I am looking to increase my HRT dose which might help, worth a try certainly. I am nearly 46 been peri a couple of years at least.

Really sorry you’re in this situation.  From my point of view I would look to increasing the HRT dose BUT I think it’s something you’ll just have to try out. If you stop HRT, do the symptoms get better? 

I don’t think I’ve been much help but just wanted to say you are not alone in this!

VanillaLover

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 11:05:19 AM »

Also wanted to say that HRT has got rid of the palpitations pretty much altogether for me, that’s why I am thinking a higher dose might be required for you? Before I couldn’t sleep on one side as my heart would thump through my body so hard and keep me awake. Now that’s all gone.

Mummytron

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 10:27:13 PM »

I'm at my wits end with the internal tremours, like zapping feeling inside. Everytime I wake in the night they happen, low level but still very disturbing. I'm 46 and very much into perimenopause.

Letmein

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 09:38:49 AM »

Adrenaline rush has been by far my worse issue with the menopause. It ruined my sleep. It got better after the full on menopause but still there and making me feel miserable.

I tried 4 regimes of hrt and each time it made me feel worse. I suspect that despite the menopause, my ovaries are still doing some work.

I have tried everything, really everything and finally, the last treatment I believed in and wanted to try is what has worked the best in the end:antidepressants. It took over 2 months to really made a difference but I feel so much better. Anxiety is vastly reduced, sleep is much better. I still suffer from tinnitus, some days better than others and fatigue but certainly a much welcome improvement.

Gnatty

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 12:30:44 PM »

Could I ask which AD you take?

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 01:27:56 PM »

Yes,me too,the ones I got made me super nauseous,couldn't stand them,I'm 58 and still bothered with anxiety and just now,I feel low,just comes out of the blue

JoannFran

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2022, 04:06:50 PM »

Thank you for your replies ladies.  It's so good to know it's not just me (although sorry it is happening to others  :().

I've honestly had enough of feeling like this.  I can't contemplate the rest of my life feeling like an absolute nervous wreck.  I'm trying to change my mental attitude and exercise and meditate. I've got reflexology booked next week.  But nothing is helping.  I'm on Beta Blockers for the palpitations.  On the lowest dose and these don't seem to be helping anymore either.  Dr wants me to try Sertraline but I've read so many horror stories about ADs I'm so scared to start.  I also can't cope with any side effects from them and feel like that might just finish me off.  I feel like I can't breathe properly today and total panic/anxiety.  I'm so sad and desperate.  I don't know what to do anymore.  This literally happened to me overnight, I've gone from running everyday to being breathless and heart rate spiking just walking upstairs.  I'm not having any other real menopause symptoms like flushes or night sweats and periods are still regular so I don't even know if this is hormone related but can't see what else it could be. 

So Sorry for the negative post.  I actually said to my husband that I don't want to live if this is what the rest of my life is going to be like.  He thinks I've lost the plot!

JoannFran

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 04:08:40 PM »

VanillaLover - how long did it take for the palps to go on HRT?  Did you start on a low dose and increase gradually?  I start on low dose but wonder if I maybe just need to start on 3 sprays like my Dr said.  Maybe this will make a difference?

Thank you x

JoannFran

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2022, 04:10:42 PM »

Letmein - would you mind telling me which ADs you're on?  Did you get any side effects from them?  My GP wants me to try them but I'm so scared to (although I am getting to the point where I need to do something as I can't carry on like this).

Thank you x

dangermouse

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2022, 10:28:21 PM »

Re the natural remedy question, I can recommend DIM which helps the liver to metabolise oestrogen (natural spikes or HRT). It's made from cruciferous vegetables and you may get a bad headache (and potentially worse palpitations) for the first few days.

I just wish I had persevered with it 5 years ago when I was waking in terror at 5am every morning with severe nausea migraines. I gave up after the first dose when palpitations got worse but I pushed through this time, as my oestrogen is much lower now so only had the headaches, and it's stopped all my physical anxiety and feeling quite good.
Pages: [1] 2