Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: utrogestan pills And oestrogen gel  (Read 1419 times)

DenLi

utrogestan pills And oestrogen gel
« on: January 18, 2022, 10:12:03 PM »

Hello, I started on a 100mg utrogestan pill tonight and 2 scoops of Oestrogel. I’ve had a mirena coil for 17 years (and gel for about 10 years) Instructions on my utrogestan pill pack read ‘one a day on an empty stomach’ and my GP said to take at night. The leaflet in the pack reads to take for 25 out of 28 days? As this is my new hrt regime I presume that I take everyday. My concern is that I’m going back to a monthly bleed. Is this correct? I’m 57, do I need to use extra protection when making love? Hoping that this is not a stupid question!!  :-\
I really do not know what stage of my menopause I’m at as I had the coil for so long without any period at all. I’m presuming/hoping that I’m almost done and safe! Never thought about this when I had the mirena coil. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: utrogestan pills And oestrogen gel
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 08:30:54 AM »

Sorry that you haven't had a response .  Hopefully someone will answer, otherwise put the product names into the search box on the Forum to see what pops up.  Make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 06:16:40 PM »

It can be useful to take it this way in late peri as it allows a bleed if there has been a build up. If you haven't had any bleeding after a few month most people just take it every night as it's easier to remember.
 Very unlikely you'll get pregnant at 57 but don't send me the bill if you do  ;). According to google the oldest natural birth is 67.

DenLi

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:23:45 PM »

Thank you 😁