Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Started hrt months ago but anxiety has got worse and onset of depression  (Read 1394 times)

Molly

Hi all..

Just looking for some help.

I take oestrgel 1.5 pumps everyday and utrogeston from day 15 to 26. I have found my anxiety has got worse and feel depressed.

I am on estradiol and have been told i need to stay on the body identical type of hrt due to a family member dying from breast cancer.

I am sleeping well now and the sweats are gone but due to the anxiety have been put on lexapro 10 mg.
this has helped enormously with the anxiety but now I feel that I have zero sex drive. I am married but the interest that came back while starting hrt has now gone on antidepressants. 

Any advice from people having experienced what i am going  through would be great.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Started hrt months ago but anxiety has got worse and onset of depression
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 04:35:53 PM »

Who told you that a family member who died of breast disease is relevant?

I have never had a loss of sex drive on any of the ADs that have been prescribed, it can however be a side effect.  How long have you been on Lexapro?  How is your husband - is it a problem over all? 

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 06:59:54 PM »

Hi Molly, just wondering how long you've been on the Oestrogel and Utrogestan for? Also, is there a pattern to the days when you feel most anxious or depressed?

Grheliz1

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 09:52:10 AM »

I thought the 'standard' starting dose was two pumps a day of Oestrogel? Could it be you're not taking enough Oestrogel to balance the progesterone?

LornaT

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 10:09:25 AM »

Hi Molly

I too started on oestrogel and utrogeston only couple months in, was already having anxiety and depression which had come out of nowhere in October last year, so am also on sertraline and mirtazapine to help with that, am getting there I think but it’s taking time which I am finding very difficult, also starting counselling next week see if that will help also. Who knew perimenopause was like this, I certainly had no idea at all.
Lorna x

Molly

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 07:06:10 PM »

I have never had a loss of sex drive on any of the ADs that have been prescribed, it can however be a side effect.  How long have you been on Lexapro?  How is your husband - is it a problem over all?

thanks CLKD for your reply. it was my consultant that told me i had to stay on body identicle hrt only becasue of family history. unfortuntely yes the ad really put a stop to my sex life. I am off all ads now as of 5 days , feel extremely dizzy, but I am feeling a bit better so had to weigh up the pros and cons of it.  Glad the Ad havent affected your sexlife, thank goodness. hope you doing ok x

Molly

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 07:09:32 PM »

I thought the 'standard' starting dose was two pumps a day of Oestrogel? Could it be you're not taking enough Oestrogel to balance the progesterone?

good idea perriwhat, i havent kept a diary maybe i should do that. hope you good x

Molly

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 07:17:08 PM »

thanks CLKD for your reply. it was my consultant that told me i had to stay on body identicle hrt only becasue of family history. unfortuntely yes the ad really put a stop to my sex life. I am off all ads now as of 5 days , feel extremely dizzy, but I am feeling a bit better so had to weigh up the pros and cons of it.  Glad the Ad havent affected your sexlife, thank goodness. hope you doing ok x

Hi lorna, How are you doing?
 how is the counselling going, do you think its helping. i am also attending a counsellor. I have stopped the ADs so am hoping CBT will help me cope a bit more, the ADS were good initially but I was just too numb if you like and zero sexlife which i missed.

I am on oestragel but they have changed the packaging, my bottle now has a green square in the corner as opposed to the orange square, I am now using 3 to 4 pumps to get same affect.

holy moly, its like I am constantly working something out on this journey. I dont think I will ever be back to myself unfortunately but I am willing to take a better me.

hope everyone is doing ok this sunday evening xx