Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Evorel Conti and being referred for scan etc  (Read 1001 times)

mancmum

Bleeding on Evorel Conti and being referred for scan etc
« on: January 14, 2022, 03:02:49 PM »

Hi There

I know there have been similar posts to these (and quite reassuring) but they are quite old now and I wonder if I could throw this out there to get anybody's similar experience.

I started on Evorel Conti patches in October 2021 and almost a month later I had a bleed for about a week, and have had a bleed practically ever other week since.  Also, the patches haven't really affected the other menopause symptoms I had too - not sleeping through, low mood etc.  However, they wiped out the hot flushes and reduced the night sweats a bit. 

I've just had a consultation with my doc who is having me in next week for an internal examination and they will then refer me for a scan and a biopsy.  Reading the previous threads on similar topics, I realise that this seems to be standard practice.

Before I started the HRT, I was about 2.5 years without a period and had struggled with the symptoms before I went to the doc before starting the patches.

What I'd like to know from other users, who else has had an experience like this please and what happened.  I've seen threads that say bleeding can continue up to 6 months whilst taking Evorel, and I'm just past 3 months. 

I'll truthfully admit I'm a tad bothered by this - I just expected to be changed onto another brand of patch :o

So, if anybody has any experience of this, I'd love to know how they went on. 

Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding on Evorel Conti and being referred for scan etc
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 04:18:56 PM »

I expect that your GP is following protocol.  Once the womb has been scanned, you will have a base-line to work with.  Bleeding can continue which is a nuisance if you haven't had a period for a while!

Let us know how you get on?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 05:23:58 PM »

One of the common side effects of any conti HRT is bleeding during the first six months of treatment. It's not usually necessary to have it investigated unless bleeding continues after this time. It's  listed in the patient info leaflet. I had a continuous bleed for the whole of the six months but didn't mention it to the GP as she had warned me that this might happen. At the end of the six months I swapped to sequi so I could at least have a more predictable bleed. I think your GP is just being cautious.

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 05:53:38 PM »

I agree I think it's probably more to rule out any nasties rather than because she thinks you have a problem. It's possible you have a fibroid or polyp but given the timing it's far more likely to be the patch.

mancmum

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 09:49:27 PM »

Hi all

Thank you so much for your reassuring posts. I thought I’d seen a post about bleeding for 6 months, but each time I’d queried it, I was told 3 months .

Your posts really help - thank you 🙏

Jules

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 04:47:29 PM »

Hi There

I know there have been similar posts to these (and quite reassuring) but they are quite old now and I wonder if I could throw this out there to get anybody's similar experience.

I started on Evorel Conti patches in October 2021 and almost a month later I had a bleed for about a week, and have had a bleed practically ever other week since.  Also, the patches haven't really affected the other menopause symptoms I had too - not sleeping through, low mood etc.  However, they wiped out the hot flushes and reduced the night sweats a bit. 

I've just had a consultation with my doc who is having me in next week for an internal examination and they will then refer me for a scan and a biopsy.  Reading the previous threads on similar topics, I realise that this seems to be standard practice.

Before I started the HRT, I was about 2.5 years without a period and had struggled with the symptoms before I went to the doc before starting the patches.

What I'd like to know from other users, who else has had an experience like this please and what happened.  I've seen threads that say bleeding can continue up to 6 months whilst taking Evorel, and I'm just past 3 months. 

I'll truthfully admit I'm a tad bothered by this - I just expected to be changed onto another brand of patch :o

So, if anybody has any experience of this, I'd love to know how they went on. 

Thank you x

I had a couple of very small bleeds after using vagifem which is localised estrogen and I went through the same procedure. Internal examination and I've just had my scan which the radiographer thought was normal. I'm waiting to see my GP to discuss my options as I had to stop vagifem which was disappointing as it really helped. I was quite worried when referred for tests but think they were just being thorough