Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Louise Newson on This Morning  (Read 1740 times)

Perinowpost

Louise Newson on This Morning
« on: January 12, 2022, 11:29:50 AM »

Louise Newson is on This Morning this morning

LSmarty

Re: Louise Newson on This Morning
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 11:34:28 AM »

Just watching her now, isn't she fantastic
Xox

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 11:38:03 AM »

She’s been excellent, really knows her stuff  x

LSmarty

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 11:58:43 AM »

Yes she does, just been looking at her website too

Les xox

Angelasurrey

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 01:51:42 PM »

Thanks for sharing. Awareness is everything. I couldn’t help but cry when hearing about all the symptoms.. x

holidaylover

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 05:45:33 PM »

I thought it was great.  The more this is highlighted the better it will be in the future.  She made so much sense, and Angelasurrey I had tears too.  What a bloody awful thing the menopause can be.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 07:30:11 PM »

Hello ladies.

I missed the programme but I saw the interview on YouTube and I agree that Louise Newson is excellent.

There was also a celebrity on the couch who recounted her menopause experience and how HRT  has her feeling fantastic. I only wish that were true for us all!

Take care ladies.

K.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 07:55:21 PM »

Hello ladies.

I missed the programme but I saw the interview on YouTube and I agree that Louise Newson is excellent.

There was also a celebrity on the couch who recounted her menopause experience and how HRT  has her feeling fantastic. I only wish that were true for us all!

Take care ladies.

K.

I saw that on Youtube too. I was puzzled how the celebrity felt amazing after one month of HRT and now she does not have aching joints or brain fog. I too wish we all felt that good.  :)

Brindle

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2022, 09:44:02 PM »

I must say I keep hearing about celebrities feeling like a new woman once they have found HRT and a libido like no other! I have felt some relief of symptoms but can't say its been life changing, and fair to say my husband isn't yet at risk of me jumping on him ::). Still, relief of hot flushes and low mood has been most welcome, but I'm definitely coming back as a man in the next life!

Sazzle42115

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 02:29:08 PM »

Agreed I would love Dr Newson to be on with some of the trial and error stories. I've gone private and 9 months on no further forward. Only found out that I don't seem to be absorbing levels have plummeted despite being on 6 sprays of Lenzetto so my latest option is an implant??

Brindle

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 08:07:34 AM »

It is really interesting hearing so many different accounts. It is encouraging that finally the menopause and the associated difficulties women face are being talked about, but I agree, there should be a more balanced discussion about how it isn't a quick fix, and can be a complicated route to find your specific needs. You really need to be closely monitored by GPs, but as even seeing a GP is impossible these days, thats not likely to happen any time soon. I think it's complicated even further by the fact that side effects from medication can also be the same side effects as the menopause itself, so disentangling that can be hard. Also think there should be a specific role in GP surgeries for a menopause expert. I was speaking to one GP about another issue on the phone when she randomly stated 'you're 57, you don't need to be on HRT anymore',  with no knowledge of my specific case!

LSmarty

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 08:20:39 AM »

It is really interesting hearing so many different accounts. It is encouraging that finally the menopause and the associated difficulties women face are being talked about, but I agree, there should be a more balanced discussion about how it isn't a quick fix, and can be a complicated route to find your specific needs. You really need to be closely monitored by GPs, but as even seeing a GP is impossible these days, thats not likely to happen any time soon. I think it's complicated even further by the fact that side effects from medication can also be the same side effects as the menopause itself, so disentangling that can be hard. Also think there should be a specific role in GP surgeries for a menopause expert. I was speaking to one GP about another issue on the phone when she randomly stated 'you're 57, you don't need to be on HRT anymore',  with no knowledge of my specific case!

Hi Brindle
Thats exaclty what the hospital said to me last January, I'm 52 and the doc said you're at that age that you don't really need it anymore and since you've been on it a while let try without 😢
Within months I could barely leave the house due to aches ans pains, brain fog and anxiety.

Tc Les xox

Brindle

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 08:57:56 AM »

Hi Les,
Just shows how ignorant and untrained they are in this. It is unacceptable really, bearing in mind how many women this affects. I have since refused to have any consultations with that particular doctor, if she feels confident in handing out advice on a medical topic which she clearly has no understanding or training in then I'll pass. It is ironic really. As a psychologist I have long despaired of how readily some GPs hand out anti-depressants like smarties, and leave people on them for years, with no other input, yet they have the opposite approach to medication that women can genuinely benefit from taking long term. Hope you're feeling better now  :)x

edited by emma to correct a typo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 10:53:16 AM by Emma »

LSmarty

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 09:09:35 AM »

Hi Les,
Just shows how ignorant and ingrained they are in this. It is unacceptable really, bearing in mind how many women this affects. I have since refused to have any consultations with that particular doctor, if she feels confident in handing out advice on a medical topic which she clearly has no understanding or training in then I'll pass. It is ironic really. As a psychologist I have long despaired of how readily some GPs hand out anti-depressants like smarties, and leave people on them for years, with no other input, yet they have the opposite approach to medication that women can genuinely benefit from taking long term. Hope you're feeling better now  :)x

Thanks, I'm getting there slowly, my gp has me on evorel 75mcg, which I feel is a big low, I'm due a review soon so hoping she gives me a higher dose, I was on premarin 125mcg  previously and often felt I could still go up a notch 😂
Take care Les xox

Perinowpost

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 09:23:08 AM »

Totally agree Brindle x