Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hrt withdrawal bleed  (Read 1334 times)

Caroline26

• First Flush
Hrt withdrawal bleed
« on: December 27, 2021, 12:02:04 PM »

Hi
I have been using evorel sequi hrt patches for the past 2 months, am new to hrt.
My first withdrawal bleed was unbearable, really heavy and painful, lasted 8 days. Second withdrawal bleed also heavy and painful although slightly better.
Was just wondering if anyone could advise will this get easier?
Thank you for your help

Taz2

Re: Hrt withdrawal bleed
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 12:29:24 PM »

Hi Caroline. I had the same for the first two months and it was better on the third and then settled down by the fourth bleed so fingers crossed this will be the same for you. It would help us if you could say which HRT you are on and where in your meno journey you are.

It does take up to three months before you know whether a particular HRT suits you. Any other questions just ask. There's usually someone around to help.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 12:30:19 PM »

Morning.   :welcomemm:  An over the counter pain relief or 'feminax' might help, I suffered painful clotty periods from age 13  :'(

Browse round.  Make notes.

Caroline26

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 12:46:16 PM »

Thank you, I am hoping it will get easier.
I am new to hrt and started Evorel Sequi 50 patches just over two months ago. Have had some relief from my symptoms, less hot flushes, headaches and joint pain. Have been feeling very anxious which is no better just yet but I do realise I’m only two months into hrt.
Thank you for all your advice and support

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 12:49:19 PM »

Is the anxiety the same the whole month through or more noticeable in the second half of the month when you change to the conti patches?

Taz x

Caroline26

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 01:01:31 PM »

Yes I’ve noticed this month it’s been worse the second half when I use the Conti patches, felt a bit similar to pmt.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 06:52:00 PM »

Evorel uses Norethisterone as the progesterone element for the last two weeks of the patches. In some women it can cause PMT symptoms. If it doesn't settle in the next month or so then you may want to explore using a different progesterone such as utrogestan or the Mirena coil. There is lots of info in our posts and also in the information contained in the menu at the top of the screen.

Taz x  :)