Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and ultrogeston  (Read 811 times)

Jan1234

Oestrogel and ultrogeston
« on: December 15, 2021, 09:05:16 AM »

Some advice please I'm 57 and been on hrt for roughly 6 years been on quite a few different ones but been on kliofem 2mg for the last 3 years I had spotting on the kliofem 1 year ago and seen a gynocolgist and she removed a polyp she told me that the spotting was not from the polyp it was the hrt I was on not agreeing with me, I tried the patches then and felt awful on them and my gp said I could go back on the kliofem as everything was fine on them so I did another year on kliofem and started spotting again not much but seen my gp and same again another polyp so waiting to see gyno again . Dr told me to stop kliofem and as given me conti oestrogel pump and 100mg ultrogeston this was 5 weeks ago she told me to start with 2 pumps and up if needed I started to feel better now I feel like I'm starting menopause all over my joints hurt I'm aching, crying ,night sweats ,and waking up a lot at night I upped to 3 pumps last Sunday and now I'm bleeding and feel dreadful to the point I have had to ring in sick with work, I have had a few polyps removed in the past and never bleed like this so I really think this is connected with the new hrt what am I doing wrong I take the ultrogeston internally as I couldn't tolerate the effects when I took it orally is the dosage to high or to low Dr says wait till you see gynocologist.sorry for the long thread but I feel so like shit and worried sick as anybody been through anything similar

Dotty

Re: Oestrogel and ultrogeston
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 02:33:07 PM »

Hi I was on Elleste duet Conti which is the same as Kliofem. It didn’t have enough oestrogen for me. I need 4 pumps of Oestrogel to make me feel ok.

Bleeding can be expected in first 6 months of starting any new hrt.

If your symptoms have returned it sounds like you’re not getting enough oestrogen. x

Jan1234

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 03:04:44 PM »

Thanks for reply dotty i upped to 3 pumps last sunday so il give it a few days see if all settles otherwise im going up it to 4 i just had hosp app through for next week hoping the bleed will stop by then thanks

sphere27

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 10:56:32 AM »

Hope you feeling better. I’m on 3 pumps of gel and was tsking 100 uterogestan vaginally every other night. Very heavy painful bleeding so meno doc has told me to use progesterone every night now and if bleeding settles can up my oestrogen as still having some symptoms. Have you settled? I’m 57 too and can’t be doing with this after no bleeding for 9 years.